What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Do try it. It’s amazing

Not sure how accurate that calculator is but it gives a some what starting point.

2 Likes

Ha funny,. I have no idea nor a need to calculate it as long as it’s nice and stony then I’m good. It would be kind of funny to ask dude or someone at a festival what mg are these various sized edibles?! :rofl:lmao

4 Likes

Definitely see the need for accurate dosage though. I know it’s necessary in a ton of circumstances. Albeit medical, or just dosage.

3 Likes

I believe a tablespoon is 9 mg roughly.

2 Likes

I just got done making tinctures. One and done. Lights out…

12 Likes

Yesterday was meat day…air fried chicken quarters…it actually turned out great…

17 Likes

Steak or fried chicken, meatloaf or ham, turkey or crab, gimme meat! lol

3 Likes

Fresh codfish cooked in sauce of tomato paste; onion; garlic; red bell pepper; kale; oregano; cracked black pepper; ricotta, parmesan, Asiago, mozzarella, provolone, fontina and romano cheese over spaghetti.

10 Likes

What’s that fruit that looks like a lime on the outside but an orange on the inside? I never used an air cooker. It looks great.

2 Likes

It called Calamansi…

Calamansi (Citrus × microcarpa), also known as calamondin…

5 Likes

So more like a lemon or lime or neither lol?

1 Like

Do a search in Walmart or Amazon…Hilts Nursery has them…

Tried a new place for dinner, crab rangoon, big drumstick wings with sweet chili sauce and pad see eiw w/ beef:

12 Likes

13 Likes

Tonight’s dinner

14 Likes

Grilled bourbon salmon and herbed pasta

13 Likes

New Mexican Green Chile Stew

Pork shoulder, aka pork butt
Green chile peppers (Anaheim, Poblano, etc.)
potatoes (I’m using B-size Yukon Gold this time)
onion
garlic
seasonings
a gallon of broth

I bought a 7lb bone-in pork shoulder, then trimmed the fat and cut into cubes. Those were tossed with oil and seasonings and set aside to absorb flavor.

Chop onion, garlic, and cube 2-3lbs of potatoes.

Brown the pork cubes. One layer in the pan at a time. Do as many batches as necessary, because it won’t brown correctly if you add too much.

Remove the browned pork and set aside, leaving the juices.

Cook the onion in the juices until golden, then add the garlic and cook one minute more.

Add the meat and any accumulated juices back to the pot.
Add potatoes, then a gallon of broth, and bring it to a boil.

Reduce heat and simmer for an hour. Stir occasionally. The simmer will decrease the volume of liquid which concentrates the flavor and makes it more of a stew than a soup.

While that is simmering, we’re going to roast/peel/chop the green chile. I know that poblano isn’t the same, but they’re mild which fits my gf’s palate and meaty so you get a lot of flavor. I ordered native green chile seeds from New Mexico State University’s Chile Pepper Institute - they should be here next week in time for spring planting - and will definitely use those after they produce at harvest time.

The market had some beautiful, large poblano peppers so I picked up 6. They fill a foil-lined cookie sheet (best unit of measure I can think of: one cookie sheet full of peppers!) which I place under the broiler. You can roast the peppers on the grill, in a toaster oven, over open flame - whatever… I gave 'em a quick spritz with olive oil spray before they went in…

Once the outer skin bubbles, blackens and flakes, flip to get the other side.

When the peppers look ready to peel - don’t let them burn! - remove them from the broiler and place them in a bag. This gives them time to cool before you handle them, and the steam will loosen the skin to make for easier peeling. When they’ve cooled enough to handle, remove the skin, then chop.

After the hour long simmer (you’re looking to make sure the potatoes are cooked through), add green chile and cook another 15-20 minutes. Serve.

Serving suggestions:
Fill a bowl with stew, then top with crushed tortilla chips, a dollop of sour cream, and some fresh cilantro. It’s good as-is, but the additions put this over the top for me.

Notes:
The flavors meld nicely and it’s often better the second day.
Watch the salt! The broth will likely have plenty. I only added salt to the meat before cooking, and nothing to the potatoes. You can always add more after the fact…

OK, so… I blew it and didn’t get a final shot of the dish. :disappointed_relieved: Use your imagination and think of a warm bowl of happiness that soothes your soul (and clears your sinuses!) as you sit huddled in a blanket around the campfire on a chilly autumn night on the high desert plains… Don’t call it a plateau. A plateau is the highest form of flattery.

15 Likes

Lol did you ransack the fridge or what?? I bet if you stuck that under the grill/broiler it would be a notch above… Man I how I love grilled cheese…

2 Likes

Very nice… I make my peppers in a similar way… but I put them on the open flame of my gas stove until they char, then put in a bowl and cover.

Leave them there for about ten minutes and then just rub off the skin.

Cut in thin slices, season with sea salt, white wine vinegar, fresh ground black pepper, thinly sliced garlic and olive oil… it’s fabulous. Great to have with oily fish like sardines or mackerel tuna etc.

The garlic should be cut like this

7 Likes