What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 2)

No kidding? Costco has them in the states? Thank you so much for first the picture, and second the information. You know, by the time I’m done walking through the entire freakin’ store, everything kind of blurs together. I have to hit Costco for gas next week. Now I have another reason/need to go.

Thank you again, @nefrella!

2 Likes

6 Likes

My grandson is visiting and he had never had dim sum. We fixed that. It was a little over the top, and I even failed to take pictures of some of what we ate. My bad. It was, however, all most excellent!

By far my favorite dim sum is chicken feet. I was impressed the kid was willing to try them and says he liked them. (I ate 3 of the 4, but there was a lot of other food, most of which he ate.)

l > r - egg custard tart, chicken feet, shrimp dumpling (haw gow), curd skin roll, pork & shrimp sui mai

This is what happens when chicken feet are put in front of me! That little cup some of the bones are in held a Shanghai Meat Dumpling minutes before the picture was taken. Sadly, no picture of the actual dumpling, which is particularly cute and small. Sigh…

Pea sprout & shrimp dumpling with a pile of bones and more YUMMY chicken feet!

Fried sweet rice dumpling with green tea taste… Unfortunately, that’s where the English portion of the menu stopped. HA! The shell is very thin, dry, green and crisp, the inside mostly hollow with a sweetish black bean paste. The shell has the tea flavor. It was seriously delicious, and something else the kid ordered cuz he thought it sounded interesting. And char sui bao, the fluffy looking thing on the right. It’s a baked dumpling with char sui inside, which the wife and I call pork candy. SO delicious!

Truth be told, I was pretty impressed with his willingness to try strange and/or things he had never had before. Not only that, he was really good with sticks, something I never expected (I don’t know why).

I bought this as an impulse by at the grocery store yesterday. I thought, I like mochi, this is probably pretty good. HA! The grandson and I killed it last night, and he asked where I got it cuz he might like to take a box or two back with him!

10 Likes

fried shrimp and fries

14 Likes

I am SO jealous… always wanted to go to a Dim Sum restaurant…but there are none any where near here…
Sounds fabulous!

11 Likes

10 Likes

I love chicken feet, never had it as a dim sum…here’s an old picture…

We had some lumpia for dinner today…

12 Likes

https://www.kitchenathoskins.com/air-fryer-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Air fryer needed about 13 minutes, theyre a little doughy but definitely still edible.

3 tsp = 1 tbsp

4 tbsp butter = at 14.2grams each = 14.2 × 4 = 56.8 g butter

4 tbsp × (3 tsp) = 12 tsp @ 85 mg tsp = 1020 ÷6 = 170 mg each cookie

375 total grams cookie dough
~62 grams weight each cookie before cooking weight

12 Likes

YUM! I’ll bet those are just so freakin’ delicious! And those lumpia ain’t lookin’ too shabby their own delicious selves! d8JBdDJ

1 Like

It was freakin’ delicious!!

You can read the full story in the Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite thread, today’s date.

13 Likes

Home made chilli.

14 Likes

Back to dim sum for a moment I had some xiao long baos the other day and they were amazing.

3 Likes

Last nights meal was veggie burger on s bed of sauteed mushrooms and garlic with cheese and 3 fried eggs swimming in EVOO.

12 Likes

Thought I would switch things up and try something called “vegetables”.

Sure don’t taste like chicken fingers…

15 Likes

Baked potato

15 Likes

Irish feckers eat twice baked potatoes

4 Likes

Like so…

18 Likes

Munchies: Heyyy buddy.

Myself. I’m not hungry.

Munchies: Umm yeah, you will be.

Myself: Don’t judge me.

10 Likes

A Spanish omelette on acid. Aka the level headed Irishman.

12 Likes