What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

Told my buddy about the tamarind soup mix I use and he made this…I had some this afternoon for dinner, good eats…

14 Likes

:drooling_face:

14 Likes

went and got some sushi. they’re a giant store and wasn’t open long so they didn’t have a large selection but here’s what i bought:

11 Likes

So what’s in the lower box? Here are my guesses of what we can see. Tamago (egg), ebi (cooked headless shrimp), anago? (salt water eel), tobiko (flying fish roe), krab (hake). Gari and shredded daikon? I wonder about what that is in the upper right corner in the photo?

It all looks :yum: !

3 Likes

the tag is ripped, but it says

tuna, salmon, tilapia, tobico, shrimp , mackerel, k ani whatever that is. i’m not that familiar with sushi.

if i didnt order the deluxe i was going to go with the still-hot korean short ribs i think they were. you actually buy the sushi at a counter in the store. i really got a kick out of the store, all kinds of fish and stuff. i thought the blue parrotfish were cool. live krabs on a table, etc. the store is massive, mostly korean. i’d hate to work stocking shelves there.

edit: i forgot to take pictures. lots of exotic stuff

3 Likes

Kani is a modern type of sushi. It’s made using imitation crab (aka krab), which is hake, a fish. It can be used in both maki and nigiri sushi. I don’t believe it’s used for chirashi sushi.

Thanks for the fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:tongue:

11 Likes

Looks good man

My daughters boyfriends Parents are from the Philippines, so she is learning to use the Tamarind soup mix…what all did you put in yours? She did chicken, eggplant, peppers, spinach, carrots and Daikon. Next time- no Daikon…(meh)

Fried pizza dough dipped in Nutella :yum:

12 Likes

I put in whatever I had in the fridge at the time…

2 Likes

13 Likes

chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans covered in gravy

15 Likes

steak tacos. i think next time i’m going for the ribeye tacos

11 Likes

12 Likes

@Prince
looks like you should throw that all together on a sandwich :+1:

1 Like

Lunch today

7 Likes

Last night we went out to a place we’ve been talking about eating for a couple of years.

For the life of me I can’t find a copy of last night’s dinner menu online.

First, Mrs. mota and I shared a fuji apple/somekindof pear/arugula (I think) salad with a vinaigrette and candied walnuts.There was also some kind of cheese and maybe dried blueberries. It was okay.

Mrs. mota had half a chicken prepared I don’t remember how. She thought it was okay, but not something she’d order again.

I had the ribeye with compound herb butter, roast asparagus and a small square of potato leek gratin. The gratin was the high light of the entire meal for both of us. I also had the house made lemonade. It was most excellent! The asparagus was a little al dente for my taste, and a couple of the spears were over ripe/beginning to form seeds. The steak was fine, though nothing spectacular. I ate the lip and saved the rest for a sandwich. Killed the gratin (of course!) and ate about 2/3 of the asparagus.

17 Likes

Cooked in a air fryer…Ninja Speedi

14 Likes

NIICE!
I did the loaded cauliflower ‘steaks’ for the 1st time Sunday-- wasn’t sure they’d go over well, since Draigs idea of ‘exotic food’ is Chop Suey… But he loved it.
Anyone that hasn’t roasted one, with toppings, is really missing out!

8 Likes