https://www.davidduncanhouse.com/

Anniversary dinner (not mine.)

Expensive but excellent in every way.

4 Likes

I know that one… ‘beaucoup dinero’ for sure… :wink:

Cheers
G

1 Like

It was really good. Like an upscale uptown Keg mansion. I had oysters and the striploin.

1 Like

Yeah you def can’t go wrong assembling a gyro at home but kind of hard to find the lamb / beef mixture. This little kit is pretty tasty surprisingly and compared to restaurants, so much cheaper.

We used to have one near here (45 minutes) but it closed during Covid and never reopened.
We have a ‘‘China Buffet’’…they USED to have great food-- but the new owners have let both the food and the property tank…

1 Like

At my rancher friend’s place last night for supper…heres a before and after pix…

12 Likes

Thats awesome :ok_hand:

1 Like

Chicken enchiladas, sauce is from the herbs, peppers, and green tomatoes in the garden.

9 Likes

My rancher friend said that they discard the tongue, heart and tail so I asked them if I can have it instead of just discarding them…I told them that I would give them some figs from my garden and homemade pico de gallo…freshly picked and made, all the ingredients for the pico de gallo came from my garden except the limes that I used…

9 Likes

Thats awesome man glad you kept those… idk about the tail but tongue and heart is really good.

3 Likes

I’ll bet that pico is so damn good! :yum:

Are those brown turkey figs? Again, :yum: !

The tail is also good eats, they are really called ox tails in the stores not cow tails…

3 Likes

Thats kindof what i was thinking. I meed to try it.

Found a highly rated recipe if yu are game to make your own…made kinda like meatloaf-but run through a food processor and weighted during baking…It is then cooled and sliced thin before frying to become the gyro… Gonna try it when I get the extra $$ and we can get out of the house–
We are all sick, 3 days now, AND they have our road all torn up and blocked off…staying home until next week!!!

1 Like

LOVE Green Chicken Enchiladas— And Enchiladas Suiza-- with sour cream, extra chili’s and cream of chicken soup added to the sauce…

2 Likes

Oxtail soup-- and Tongue tastes JUST like heart-- but ya gotta season, cook and PEEL it correctly!! :wink:

3 Likes

Sounds :+1: good! I want some sometime! Now sounds good. :laughing:

1 Like

First time I ever had Swiss Enchiladas was in Acapulco many years ago. I have been trying to duplicate the flavour ever since. It is in my top ten most memorable meals.
I really enjoy making sauces from my garden.

2 Likes

Old pix…beef heart cooked in a crock pot put in a fridge for 24hrs. then sliced and grilled… very tender & delish folks…

6 Likes