What do you do for a living?

I know what you mean i see them on the smaller freightliner m2’s soon as you put the shifter in park the air park brake engages? I haven’t worked on them specifically but there is that same park brake set up on the drive shaft but with a cable and a hand brake lever inside, I’m pretty sure it could be switched over I’d start by looking for a scrapped truck or salvage yard and i know the Hinos and medium duty internationals have the cable set up and get those parts to do the switch… you’d also have to disable and plug off the valve from the air system its hard to say how bad of a job without actually seeing everything…

7 Likes

Thank You Much
We were not aware of the other trucks already having the cable set ups That is Great info, rather they winging his own design. He was also saying that there is a spring on driveshaft that looks to be a real pain to remove. I have never crawled under and looked myself.
But yes he was thinking of doing away with electric brake P position and just install manual brake lever
Very cool Thanks

4 Likes

The spring is something that would still need to be used even if converting… No worries if this is something he decides to tackle and he runs into obstacles and he can snap some pics feel free to get ahold of me and I’ll do my best to offer solutions i don’t mind at all.

6 Likes

Tree guy here . I fuck with logs heavy . All aspects of processing etc . I’m a glutton for punishment lol …

21 Likes

Thanks Rob, I talked to him 2 mins ago and I think he is going to let the truck shop work on it.
Appreciate that offer mighty kind
Stig

4 Likes

I used to run an Adult Book shop, what else would I do LOL
I could tell some war stories

I forgot to mention all the weird flashlights delivered once.
Never did figure where the batteries went.

But really just a retired sweep clearer

19 Likes

I don’t do nuttin for the man. I usta do somethin, but I evolved. Now I’m a social parasite much like Warren Buffet, or the orange clown who should be cleanin his own toilets.

7 Likes

I’m a professional sucker for punishment… aka mechanic

20 Likes

You are the last guy in the world I’d piss off lol

4 Likes

I’m a machine operator at a plastic film company. I’ve got plastic liner that’d make dexter jealous.

15 Likes

I’m a commercial fisherman, fish for lobster from Nov 25th till may 25th, then fish for either ground fish,eg haddock ,cod,pollock, or go after halibut, or swordfish or tuna. Done this since 14 yrs old. Be 44 tomorrw lol grade 8 education, class 4 mariners ticket, if u dont do this for a job here where I live you dont have much choice but to move away

30 Likes

I have my massage therapy license but rarely practice, mainly chauffeur the minis around.

13 Likes

I work in the marine industry, supply and installing boat lifts to clients and businesses. It sees me on the water a lot and away from home as well

Cheers Johnny

13 Likes

Self-Employed Accountant, but don’t start asking me about your taxes, cuz I only accept the big bucks for that. lol Still trying to figure out how I could make money just playing in my garden though…

26 Likes

IT - Retired.

Started 1980 with Mainframe systems.

Ended 2016 in a datacenter surrounded by hundreds of windows servers.

Now I do my best to stay low tech.

25 Likes

I grow weed for a living - work for one of the larger care providers in a med state. I never would have guessed that 20-30 years ago lol. :+1:

27 Likes

Thats awesome, i can only hope that some day ill be able to grow for a living… @dankitydank1976 how do you like fishing for a living? Sounds like ur kinda stuck with it but do ya enjoy what you do?

9 Likes

I build rides in amusement parks

20 Likes

Stay at Home Dad & Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

11 Likes

Rutan? conversion or extrusion?

3 Likes