What's your day Job?

What’s your day job😅.
I’m just wondering what everyone else does for a living.

I"lol go first. I am a General Contractor here in Arizona. I have a crew so I handle a lot of the work myself, framing finish trim, cabnets, countertops, and paint.

Here is my latest project for reference, just listed it Friday, hope to learn more about my OG brothers and sisters.

https://www.flexmls.com/share/6KmaJ/2521-N-Euphoria-LN-Huachuca-City-AZ-85616

:+1:

23 Likes

I’m a project manager for a few websites. Can honestly say I love my job!

8 Likes

That sounds like a cool :sunglasses: job to have.

3 Likes

I’m a paper maker, I make paper. It’s not the most glorious job, but it’s a union, im home every night, 4 on 4 off schedule and its hard to say no to 6 figures

28 Likes

Sounds like you make that paper, making paper… well played @Jinglepot

tenor

23 Likes

I’m an roofing contractor. started my business DEC2012 . Going into 9th season.

Do you also handle the administrative stuff too? Like quotations / estimates / billings? Payroll? Customer relations? Advertising?

I am doing all that plus I carry out all installations with a crew.

It’s pretty taxing on the Body.

I have more work than I can handle , I get a lot of leads. But between running the business fully , it’s tough to take on all the work.

I’m at the stage where I need to scale up / expand and Start delegating,

It’s a high liability industry and I like to be on site 99% of time to minimize risk + ensure quality .

I’d love To chat more about the daily operations and possibly get some advice.

I’m going to take it slow this year but I plan on taking on a significant amout of work.

At the end Of last season i brought 2 extra guys to our crew full time and hand 5 of us working, increasing manpower really helped with job completion times. The #s make sense for extra man power. But still lacking skilled labourers . I’m at the point I need to pay for quality workers , but I also like to train guys myself so they do thing s my way. I’m a bit OCD.

I am working on the structure changes now for this up coming season . . .

Trying to get payroll set up and work out the numbers to get my seasonal workers they’re EI for the off season.

I’m going to take it slow, but I’ve been removing my self from onsite operations to behind the scenes…not doing any physical labour, just the complex stuff and menial things to help the job flow smoothly.

Ive got a great reputation and system .

Look forward to chatting

10 Likes

Head I’ve worked jobs like that, not glorious but necessary. And good pay is where it’s at.lol

Yeah I do all that as well. My wife handles the calls and scheduling appointments, but I do all the estimating, and all the administration duties as well as roofing, fence work, and concrete. I’m usually running my arse off and still helping with the installation. I’m OCD when it comes to quality work so I’m always checking work and teaching the new crew members.

I’m 56 and trying to slow down on somethings, but I’m sure you know how it goes, if you want it done right, with today’s help you gotta be there :joy::joy::joy:.

6 Likes

I’m retired but back in the day I worked at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and Chicago Board of Trade, on the trading floors as a stock broker/trader…retired at the age of 45 and living the life I want, doing nothing and anything and everything…

21 Likes

Straight Up

15 Likes

i am just a simple farmer

14 Likes

Work in tech, e-commerce specifically.

7 Likes

Kinda wish I was there at times, but my wife says I’d go stir crazy :rofl:.

1 Like

Heck if it weren’t for farmers, life would be a lot harder for everyone, thanks for being there, its hard work :+1:

1 Like

Sounds like a profitable job. E-commerce is a must with everyone dealing with the COVID problems.

4 Likes

I have my own rehabilitative massage practice, and teach at a local massage school!
I’ve only had my practice for a couple years, but it’s the best thing I’ve ever done

15 Likes

Wow that’s cool bud, I’ve always wanted a cnc machine. I grew up doing auto body restoration and mechanics. Wished I had a machine and the knowledge. I’m restoring a 69 Mustang Mach1 R code, 428 and cnc custom parts would be the shit

4 Likes

I had to do rehab on my wrist and elbow a couple years ago, man having that message is the bomb❤️

2 Likes

Still waiting on mine. The one I want is on backorder. Got a 60w c02 laser and a few Ender 3s with various upgrades. Hopefully wont confuse me too much with the experience from those other machines. I know it can be a whole different world preparing the work than 3d printing or laser engraving/cutting.

My partner also crochets and started marking stuff to sell as well at our table. Main thing was supposed to be seeds but we quickly started increasing our product line.

8 Likes

Tell her that’s :+1:. Yeah the learning curve on some machines is tough, but once you got it down, they can make some bad ass stuff.:wink:

1 Like