What do you guys think about Autoflowers?

Have any of you tried growing some of the top autoflower breeders? And how did the flower compare to photoperiods?

3 Likes

Who’s tip top in your book? I’ve grown many. I get them as freebies when I seldom do order. The bud seems to be dank, but I don’t know if your going to get the same experience from a 10 week photo. Or any heavy sativas… I know the photo bud I grow, I would happily pick over any auto.

2 Likes

I really should have weighed my last harvest :neutral_face: My Blue Dream’matic and Tricomes and Cream were pretty good yielders, but probably in the 4oz range based on jars filled. But then you have things like my Mimosa. Smells and looks INCREDIBLE… but a generous guess would be an O and a half. And my froot by the foot is only about 13" tall and only a main stem :rofl:. Not expecting a ton from it while my other two plants are massive bushes at this point.

4 Likes

From what I can tell it seems like either Mephisto or Night Owl seem to be the best ones?

5 Likes

Mephisto is supposed to be top notch. Both in reputation and genetics. Several of these guys posting like em

2 Likes

I think I grew lucky dog??? Idk but they yielded nice. But imo photo bud beats auto. Every which way

1 Like

Or they were lucky dog freebies.

1 Like

@Ossigor there are a whole lot of really top quality auto strains on the market today. Heck there are some guys breeding auto seeds on this site that I suspect would keep up with most of them. Autos have come a really long way in the last five years.

6 Likes

Mephisto def never disappointed, that’s been my fav in the auto world!

4 Likes

I have a friend on another site who is a member of the Ethos Genetics Multipass and I believe twice a year they send him free seeds. Included in those free seeds are autos and he DOESN’T do autos. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So last fall he asked me if I wanted to buy the Ethos Auto seeds he had for $1.00 each. I think I’ve grown four of them so far and I was pleased with all of them. I would recommend them.

Mephisto Genetics I have to say is my favorite.

A very close second would be Night Owl and Dark Owl as well as RocBudInc. I bought some Atlas seeds to give them a shot. FastBuds puts out a very nice product.

1 Like

Well crap, Froot by the Foot was one of the two Atlas strains I bought. Hope I get a different phenotype then your 13 incher. I also got their GMO strain.

3 Likes

Oh man those autos, devils lettuce i tell you cant grow anything with the devil.

5 Likes

I’m currently experimenting with my first reversals, and they’re autoflowers. Seeds that I intend to share with the community. Assuming that I can succeed!
The first specimen is Emerald Fire OG F4 from HSC. This will be more of a reproduction so I can give some away, play with them in the future, and never have to buy them again, lol.
And the second is @Going2fast’s Scarlet Grapes
(Double Grape by Mephisto × Scarlet Sunset by Gas Reaper). This will also be more of a reproduction because I really like the strain and would like to improve on growing it, considering that I screwed up the last run and am low on beans. I’m sure I can do better.
Some might say F2, but I would like to hunt specific traits to carry on that filial generation.

8 Likes

He said with a hint of sarcasm and a sparkle in his eye.

3 Likes

If you run into any problems or have any questions about reversing your autos do feel free to ask me anything. I’ve had good luck with colloidal silver but am now using STS and it is going to be my go to from now on I believe.

4 Likes

@LoveDaAutos @VAhomegrown 's looks awesome, so I wouldn’t count it out yet. Mine just got off to a shitty start so I don’t think that helped. Honestly didn’t think it was going to make it at all, but it pulled through.

Photos is king. Like many varieties, we look for elite expressions and propagate clonally the world over.

1 Like

I gave autos a shot for the first time this January and have a couple @a month old outdoors now. Ive had mixed luck so far. Some I was really impressed with, others not at all in terms of quality and yield, but I also wasnt growing out well known top notch genetics.

I like autos for variety in a small space, but especially not having to have perfect light schedules. They were quick from start to finish. Would be cool to have an early and late outdoor harvest. I prefer photos overall. They allow more time to correct for deficiencies in veg, stress caused by shaping and bending,(although i see others having success with autos doing this), I can decide how big i want to let them go, and if I find something I really love i can clone it, havn’t seen much about cloning autos…

1 Like

Thank you bud!
I actually made my own STS using the @Sebring method. I’ve got two of each auto planted roughly three weeks apart. So I’ll be making S1’s as well as another line.
If you need any Silver Thiosulfate lmk. I’ve got like 700ml of stock solution, and the dilution rate is wild. I’ve got more than I could ever use in a lifetime! :joy:

3 Likes

I’m growing currently a HubbaBubbaMelloScope from Mephisto that I reversed to increase the number of seeds I have of that strain. I experimented this seed run by brushing the STS on to a single branch as opposed to spraying it on and it worked great. I applied it a total of 5 times at 5 day intervals so a total of 25 days.

I just planted a Skywalker Haze seed in a 3 gallon pot today that I will be attempting to reverse as that was my last seed.

4 Likes