What does this mean for our outdoor season

I think the biggest impact is that people may learn what a tilde above the letter n signifies :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

im eastern canada we moght be in same zone but if what you say is right then watering is only small thing to worry me i only hope that the heat wont be too much of an issue for my girls id love to get dense nugs not airy buds

1 Like

Nous sommes de la meme province je croisā€¦

Hugely depends on what you are growingā€¦ lines acclimated to cooler and wetter weather, in my experience, didnā€™t like the hot and dry years and hence came out fluffy.

Dfg from real gorilla seeds for example survived the crap weather one year, but didnā€™t perform in the next hotter season.

I try to place my plants where they get full sun for 8hrs and partially shaded for the remainder of the day. Where most would cut trees that block the sun part of the day. I cherish them.

The old timers taught me to not monocrop outdoors, to vary strains and patches so that year to year some stuff always finish beautifully and other will make good hash haha

3 Likes

Have you found anything that produced decent in the good and bad seasons consistently?The Texada Iā€™ve been growing seems to be damn near bulletproof she keeps getting better every year .Grown it out 4 years in a row now two crappy hot seasons two decent ones last one being the best.Who ever made that one I take my hat off too.This years seems the best itā€™s ready and ripping through Cold snap and wind storms.Always has a smile Iā€™m with you on not mono cropping.Having a plethora of smoke over a ton of one type of smoke is less to get one burned out on one smoke.

4 Likes

in my neck of the woods early girl R2 m39 freezland are the usual outfoor proven strains

2 Likes

Early girl havenā€™t heard that name in a real long time I liked Early Pearl that was some good smoke

1 Like

if i understood corec tly its a local hssh plant

Texada is a classic, well played.

For us the old cuts always deliveredā€¦ freezeland, white rhino, m39, old greencrack etc. Sadly I lost the cuts in 2018 and itā€™s hard to get them back since the old guy who was holding retiredā€¦

In more recent times, lifesaver and sour strawberry seem to not care much about weather and finish early enough. 88g13hp grows very well for being inbred. Then skunk and orange, both old lines perform regardless, so I mainly grow those 4 and throw a bunch of seeds in the mix to try stuff. Hashplant is a new addiction this year.

2 Likes

Down here it means a drier year, so a year where we get to grow indica without it rotting.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t sweat it, just play it by ear as the time goes. Weather always fluctuates and throws curve balls. Just donā€™t buy the global warming pushed by governments to keep you scared and controlled Its all bullsh*t

1 Like

Iā€™m could almost throw a stone in Lake Erie I have to pick Highly PM resisting Strains That Texada has saved my ass and has been my go to smoke everytime that one always clones I have tried to get rid of it and it always comes back so I said your stuck with me now and it grew on me One of the best things out of Canada that shit should be a national Treasure.

2 Likes

another thing I rarely see mentioned is the effect that the Honga Tonga eruption had on the earth. It caused global tsunamis and here on the BC coastline, the wave was measured a 1 foot above normal. Odd becuase this happened in the southern hemisphere. The sound/pressure pulse of the main explosion was heard globallyā€¦ even in the north regions of Alaska and Kamchatka people heard the pulse from that explosion. It was so violent that scientist say it stopped the earthā€™s rotation briefly ad caused the axis to wobble far outside normal. Apparently that shift off axis never fully corrected itself and the ā€œnorth poleā€ is now several degrees closer to russia.
The effect of that Volcano in 2021 is downplayed by all of the climate crisis fanaticsā€¦ itā€™s cow farts and fossil fuel engines they say LOL

Honga Tonga changed the earth that day and it throws off all of the science used to support human driven climate change. The jet stream was even affected and is still behaving erratically from the effects of that event.
So it jostled the oceans like a shaking bathtubā€¦ moved the earths axis off ā€œnormalā€ , flooded the atmosphere with greenhouse gasses and ultra fine particulate, caused what could be permanent effects on the jet streamā€¦ and people wonder why the weather is suddenly different.

2 Likes

:+1: Thanks! :sweat_smile:

Please consider working for my local TV news station!

(Forecasts change about every 20 minutes)

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like