Grower looking for immigration

Hello! I’am curious if a foreigner can move in Canada or USA, where it’s already legal, and start his own cannabis producing business.

I’am currently located in a country where cannabis is altogether prohibited. Nevertheless a month ago I celebrated 10 years operating here. I don’t sell, of course, it’s just for me and my friends, but in ten years of stretch I’ve became somewhat good at growing cannabis. Here, in my country, you have to be very creative to assemble RDWC (my personal fav), given the prohibition and absense of good stuff. I had my DIY COB set combined with classic high-pressure lamps and my setup gives something 1,6g/watt, which is pretty nice for a setup built from scratch. You can’t order anything grwing-related here, so it’s all sheer improvisation. I hope you get the picture.

So I’ve been thinking what if I just move to Canada or USA and scale my grow setup x10, x20? I am humble and ready to start with producing 5-10 kilos per month, with expansion later. My stuff is A-grade, the strains I know and love to grow are always giving off their best. I imagine skilled growers always welcome, am I right?

10 Likes

Just realize that the “street” prices drop dramatically with relaxing prohibition. What once was 6000usd/lb is down to <500 now. So if that is any consideration… :wink:

In California homegrowing is mostly accepted, depending on neighbors/etc. If you want to get into “the industry”-- good luck. It’s flooded with millionaires.

:v: :four_leaf_clover:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Yep. Big corporations run all the “legal” stuff in Canada. If you are coming, bring millions of dollars to get started.

“Legalization” is not what you think it is.

10 Likes

What @cogitech said

Canadas rules right now - you’re talking fully building out a facility (including vault space - think bank safe) and sit on it for almost 2 years to get a license to use it. And then you can only sell to the provincial government (if they decide to buy it, from what I’ve been reading the microgrowers face an uphill battle to get their product accepted/sold)

Illegal market is still significantly cheaper than legal.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget The 4 plant limit without medical card

2 Likes

Here even the non-skilled growers as me are always welcome :sweat_smile:, I don’t think things are as simple as you describe them. You will have better opportunities if you wait for legalization in a country where it is not yet allowed but soon will be. There will be no competitors and your skills will be appreciated for new business running.

Canada & U.S.A. have already big lobbies involved and solid market developed, no big chances there. Hope to see you around, cheers … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

In usa you will need millions maybe a hundred of em n there isnt a dollar figure in some spots.

Then you still need permission from your state which costs more.
Also think
people already paid their way so now these govt officials are cutting the throat of the man that done paid them off before in order to let you grow n be competiton. Its locked down pretty much on the legal end. The states share here last month was $24mil
They aint letting noone in. Thats how i see it.

3 Likes

It’s just a different cartel. They use laws and legislation to exert control and make money, instead of violence. At least I can grow my own 4 plants. Literally the only upside.

8 Likes

Not just big corporations, look into Joi Botanicals in Calgary, 100% privately owned…

2 Likes

I don’t mind working for a corporation, I’m pretty sure that I can uphold literally any standart of quality. Just need to get myself into business, then I can work it out from the inside. Of course I don’t have millions of dollars, otherwise I wouldn’t be looking for immigration business opportunities.

1 Like

That’s not exactly what I am looking for. I imagined landing in Canada/USA, finding connections and working for some local corporation, overseeing construction of grow-space, managing, controlling the growth, teaching the personnel, et cetera. I can’t really invest in the deal anything but my skills. Any ideas how to do that kind of thing?

I had those thoughts, but isn’t it the very same lobbies, just in different countries? I’d imagine that people that have enough money to buy politicians for voting pro-legal are well prepared. They must have skilled personnel ready to start growing in the next country that legalizes. I myself despise working for someone, but it seems to be no way around it at first, so I might just give it a shot. Australia, GB and Mexico are looking nice legalize-wise now and I might consider that countries.

1 Like

I’m not that rich yet. And not so familliar with any legal stuff, provided my undergrond operation and astronomical corruption at my current location. But I know people and people are always greedy - given the opportunity to have a foreign grower operating for 3/4 of a price they will quickly turn away locals. And I can do pretty much anything growing-related - growspace organization, growth control, personnel education, you name it. I just don’t know where to start. But I have to move out from here, it’s not safe here anymore.

Can’t open their website, it appears that they’re restricting TOR access. Please brief me, is that some guy that just started small and grew into one of the big boys?

4 plants isn’t enough to make any legal money, unfortunately, and that’s exactly what I’am after. Besides you probably need to be a resident of state to grow even 4 plants, which I am not.

1 Like

Ah hoping to land the dream job. Me too. Good luck to both of us.

First thing they gonna wanna see some plants. Budshots or somethin Right everyone? :grin:

3 Likes

Nah seriously at least here in my state they want college degree in agriculture to work in the actual grow spot.
Clean criminal record as in pass fbi background check
Clean piss
Proof of 5yrs experience growing the illegal plant (its illegal until you are under them)
So not possible to prove 5yrs without admitting to committing a felony cultivation charge
i tried to apply.
Construction was all contracted through a big contractor ,no wiggle.
I wish you luck i really wish i could have a chance at it too even for 1/2 of what they make just not happenin.
they pay their lead here $150,000 a year. Thats just the grower lead.
He dont market
he dont clean
chit he dont even grow he tells the fresh out of college kids in lab coats to do it. They all got degrees too.
Its a buy in only game now. Big buyin.

1 Like

Yep, olds college is running a cannabis growers course. Of course you need a degree in agriculture to get on the wait list…

Its a mad mad world! Cmon seriously? Theres no coconut emojis for monty python references?

4 Likes

Yeah ill pass on the courses anyways. Problem is theyre being college educated in how to make rope or something cause quality does not show an education from any legal weed ive had.

2 Likes