What is the Best Digital Ballasts Available for the Money?

me too, i hope this happens. The current climate here looks like the assholes in charge set this all up to suck the money from those willing to grow and start a cannabis business. It is really difficult to get a place approved, and on top of that, you have to invest all the money turning it into a grow facility, BEFORE they approve your license. you cant get a location approved 1st, THEN put money into it to get it up to code for the lights etc. NO, you gotta put all that money in and THEN see if they will approve that location.

it is set up to fail from the beginning. a person who gets a med card has to go to the doctor every 6 months to see if they still need cannabis, then they are only allowed to buy an 8th a day with a max of 3 ounces a month; and its all tracked by a state database every dispensary must use for every sale. so you cant go dispensary hopping and buy an 8th here then an 8th there. there is absolutely NOTHING in the law that states it must be organic, so most likely you can get better cannabis off the street is my guess than what you could get from the majority of the dispensaries.

SO this was set up so the rich potheads that dont need it for medicine dont have to deal with drug dealers anymore on the street. This is not a real medical program. insane limits to what you can buy WTF i know people that wont take opiates that smoke down more than a quarter a day. WHat if you had MS or one of the other diseases that cannabis oil can help? F YOU then, you aint getting no help legally here.

So we are trying to figure this all out. from what i can see whoever was “part of the club” is going to make a killing off the very 1st grow; IF they arent being set up, which i think is the case. wholesalers are guaranteeing to buy everything from them at $3500 a pound which makes no sense to me at all. but if it actually happens guess what that’s gonna do. A glut of cannabis that cant be sold because there wont be anyone to buy it because everyone i personally know that isn’t well off isn’t going to bother with the med card. all the peeps i know that live in the hood cant afford to go to a doctor and spend 250 bucks every 6 months just to renew a card for 3 ounces a weed a month when they can buy the amount they want for about half the money off the black market.

And now, we even seeing some sativas on the black market pretty regularly. i was able to get a z of C99 for 150 bucks about a week ago, and it is just what i been needing too. the myriad of kush hybrids have ruined cannabis IMO. I love a good kush, but all these watered down hybrids we see are pure garbage.

anyway i got off topic, basically we are trying to figure out how to proceed so that we will be one of the ones left standing after the smoke settles, and from the looks of it are going to be waiting until after the crash from the glut of weed that cant be sold before we spend a dime on anything. Part of the problem is the state’s “seed to sale tracking system” they want you to account for every gram that comes off a plant, they have companies under the law that you can pay to destroy your excess cannabis. the weed you sell to the public cant be over 30% total THC, and the edibles and concentrates cant be over 65% i think, 60 something anyway.

this truely isn’t a medical marijuana program, but an appeasement of the people because in 2020 we did a ballot initiative that 74% of the population voted for. that’s a constitutional amendment for those not knowing what that is. we successfully changed the constitution of the state of Mississippi so cannabis was straight legal. the new law would have allowed anyone at home to grow up to 9 plants with 6 being in flower. , and then the shitrats that run the show fucked us hard and said no. so we need to deal with some tryant’s here, but noone wants to fight the establishment. The governor got together with the state supreme court and they created a bullshit loophole that never existed and the state supreme court struck down a ballot initiative of the people that legally changed our state constitution. That’s not even legally possible under our system. The people that run the show here also control the illegal weed trade, and they didn’t want mom and pop to grow their own because it would cut into their profits.

This medical marijuana law was to appease the people, but it is a fucking joke to be honest. im trying to convince my backer NOT to grow right now, lets just wait and then after the crash from all these places growing all this weed that cant be sold happens, then step in to a niche market with much higher quality cannabis and target the very people that the law was meant to appease, middle to upper middle class folks over 50 that will pay a premium to smoke tropical sativas like jamaican lambsbreath and colombian gold and etc. That is my goal, to target the 50 and over crowd that has money, and keep it sustainable so we can continue to grow in every way.

the go big or go home mentality is gonna break a lot of people here if they cant cash in on the initial guarantee to buy the product by the wholesalers. personally i think it’s a load of shit designed to break these people, my backers sister claims they guaranteeing to buy everything she can produce. she and her husband are “part of the club” so to speak, so they had inside info and were able to get approved with no issues like we’re having, and everything was easy to get started. The THEY that run the show want only THEIR people profiting from this.

so we are going to do it, but at what level and when we starting im not sure. i know that the smallest tier under the states grow license system is a 1000 square foot in flower, and the largest tier is over a hundred thousand square feet. i could see that if it were straight legal and people could buy what they wanted it would support a bunch of those. but the sales are extremely limited by who can afford to go to a doctor every six months. as far as quantities the current limits make the business tough to profit from and create hardships for the people that need it the most having to go every single day to get weed and it still aint enough. the vast majority of people in this state that smoke weed are poor and live in the hood. Not one that i know is bothering with a med card so that tells me exactly what i described above is going to happen.

but to repeat something, if you open a dispensary and grow too much weed, you have to PAY someone to destroy it for you. Man i bet the majority of the money made under this law will be by the companies paid to transport or paid to destroy the weed.

but nonetheless im praying this all works out because i will be able to combine my love of farming in general, with my love of growing weed, and my love of aquaculture and mycology all into 1 thing. im leaning heavily now towards the tilapia since they thrive at the temps that sativas like to grow in AND from what i here that is the same temp range the plants like if grown under LED, so i think what im planning if i can do it will help me express who i am and use my giftings to their best ability, if it works out, even though it is all hard work, i will never work a day in my life again. simply because i will LOVE what i am doing and will be living the dream.

2 Likes

I know this reply was months old, and I haven’t finished reading the entire thread yet so not sure if it was mentioned, but I would personally stay away from Gavita. They were bought by Hawthorn in 2016. Which is owned by Scott’s. Which is owned by Monsanto. Which is owned by Bayer, the largest pharmaceutical company in the world… So just my two cents, but I wouldn’t give them any money.

3 Likes

Nor would I :+1:

3 Likes

are you a commercial grower? i dont want to support monsanto either but when there is a product that works and wont burn your grow down, thats a pretty important part.
dont use rockwool, or GH just to name a few then!

I’ve seen a few of the top brands in a recreational grow and the Fluence lights produced the best flower. I have the HLG’s and they’re good but I like the Fluence style for even light spread.

1 Like

fluence bioscience used to be called BML horticulture. They supplied the LED lighting for the SPARC (San Francisco Patients and Resource Center) vertical grow.

The meds from this grow were amazing.

2 Likes