What is the biggest thing that you regret doing with your grow?

@mike28086,

When I got my 400W metal halide, I set it up in a corner of the room that still houses my clone and veg plants. The light was so strong and I only had about 4 or 5 plants under it, I didn’t think I’d need to worry about how much light they got. I built what is now my veg chamber from 2x2s and plywood. I painted the walls and floor white (as I did in my new flower room). I wasn’t disappointed how they grew in the corner, because it was only temporary. I was disappointed in my yields in both rooms. I had gotten bigger buds in my 2x3’ closet. I had covered the entire closet except the floor in Mylar and had gotten much bigger buds out of it.

I bought 100’ roll of 3’ wide, thick Mylar online. I stapled it into my veg chamber and duct taped it to the walls in my flower room. My yield went up by at least 50% on the next grow. You can’t discount the importance of reflected light.

2 Likes

Starting 20 years too late.

15 Likes

vegging a plant 4 1/2 months before flipping it it’s a few inches taller than my light now and i cant raise it higher

7 Likes

@JaxxMunster

I had the same problem right after The worst wave thrips was over. I had been filling my clone box to make sure I got some survivors. Suddenly I had so many more plants than I could deal with I was even destroying perfectly good plants because I had no place to grow them out (that broke my heart :sob:). I left 3 get too big because I just couldn’t bring myself to destroy one more plant. Those three made my grow too crowded by themselves. My entire flowering room was a problem for 7 weeks. :frowning:

I pruned my tall plants a couple of times while in veg to reduce the problem, and one more time just as they went into flowering. I helped.

Keep growin’ and smokin’ :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

@99PerCent

Hey buddy, what was starting 20 years too late. I think I messed part of the conversation… :smirk:

3 Likes

I regret starting my grow 20 years too late. :clock:

7 Likes

This! :point_up_2:

Yeah, I´ve only started to grow “seriously” (not the occasional guerrilla, etc.) a couple of years ago. All those years smoking ditchweed, sprayed with god know what.

Also, planting seedlings on a soil mix that is too hot, or on cups which are too big. Terribly stunted the little things.

2 Likes

Thats just normal…

Taking any short cuts. every time i get lazy or take a short cut, learning quickly follows. But regret teaches lessons. Clones from a disp has led to a two and a half yr battle with PM… but I got to taste island sweet skunk. totally not worth it…

3 Likes

vegged too many seedling on my first grow trying to optimise it because I read that SOG was optimal and so I ended up with a bunch of stems leaves and pistils

5 Likes

i really dont have many regrets about growing. i had a few bumps, but i had a few damn fine folks coaching me, and i made sure to listen to advice. if i had to say, i would say i regret starting in soil. while it did start to provide me with homegrown smoke, it was always something wrong. i switched to coco and followed a game-plan i was given and its been gravy-train ever since.

5 Likes

Being somewhat paranoid and anal by nature has driven me to dote on all of my plants.
I am typically very careful when tending to my plants. I suspect that I spoil them.

But…

This is more of my biggest blunder rather than regret

Hahaha…I can only laugh at myself now.

Once when I thought I was spraying (rinsing) my plants with water, I began to smell bleach.
Oh no…I was using the wrong sprayer. I had sprayed a bleach/water mix (I use it for cleaning containers) all over three of my girls. Fortunately I ran them right into the nearby bathroom and put them in the shower and rinsed them thoroughly.
Amazingly, no damage done.
I have been more careful ever since!

9 Likes

Maybe 25 or 30 years too late, and I’ll be 50 this summer.

regards,

mike

5 Likes

@99PerCent,

Lol. :joy: There are too many things I wish I’d done earlier in life, like retiring. :wink: And some I wish I’d never done at all. :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

For me, more the latter than the former.

I saw a pretty beat up Javelin today. Almost took a picture, but it was hurting.

1 Like

@Yarddog,

I know exactly how you feel. I spent my first 14 years in soil. I wanted my grow to be just like nature. Nature is not too precise in the way she does things… :frowning:

@99PerCent,

Sadly, me too. Marriage is right at the top of the list. :grimacing: I was married 16 years and hated 15.5 of them. Never again!

You really are on OG all the time… :wink:

5 Likes

Sometimes I leave it running, I check back cause of PMs

4 Likes

i regret what im done in my grows in my first one was listening to some people giving advice a really bad one nearly kill 2 plants now fuck that a lot of research and proof before doing something

3 Likes

@99PerCent,
It is SOOOO easy to spend shed loads of time here. :astonished: I wish I could read and type faster… :disappointed: Hell, it takes a long time just to choose the appropriate emoji. lol

@GreenCaciqueHawaii

The very first grow I tried, I met a guy through a friend, right after I started it. This was sometime in 1977-1979. This guy had been growing outdoors for several years. He told me that since I was growing indoors, I could control the temps better than an outdoor grow. He said, "weed grows naturally in very hot climates. Make sure you keep it at least 90° all the time. You can probably guess what happened to my plants… :cry:

I found out later, this person never waited for his plants to flower. It took too long for him. That explains why his weed was so weak. He said it was weak because he couldn’t get high enough temperatures outdoors for a proper grow. :astonished:

That was my only attempt to grow before the end of 2001. :neutral_face:

1 Like

i learned about this place thanks to our brotha @legalcanada before that i was lost here is a good source sometimes but sometime don’t find everything either i have some some strains looks like nobody grow them so i don’t know if they are good or bad so i will have to test them