What is the biggest thing that you regret doing with your grow?

i feel you have to be careful not everybody out there want you to be successful

3 Likes

@mike28086

I was 48 when I found OG and some other site that is lost in the depths of my memory. Iā€™m sure it would have taken me much longer without all the great help I got in '02 & '03. Before I started to hang out here, the word ā€œhomegrownā€ just meant shit weed, now, even my thrip infested grows made better weed the I could find around here. I know that because there was a 3 month period during my worst wave of thrip invasion, that I had to buy weed. No comparison.

4 Likes

@Calyxander

Smoke some really good weed beforehand? :wink: Sounds like a stoner moment to me. :smirk:

3 Likes

Too many to count.
But letā€™s just say. DO NOT put one of these under a dome with your expensive seedlings.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s whatā€™s up @Cobra50! With age comes resignation. Oleskool style just works. I donā€™t do much experimenting these days. I like stuff that works!

I got arrested in Friendswood Texas in 1969 when I was 17 for seedlings in dixie cups on my girlfriends apartment window. My Dad and the judge came to an agreement that I would join the Navy and leave the area, charges would be dropped. No record etc. I never looked back! First but not the last foiled grow. Peaceā€¦:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

ive made every mistake in the book and killed thousands of plants. in the ealry days,. u had to learn on yur own and stumble through it. . i did some really stupid things, and i still doā€¦ only difference now, is that i know exactly when and where i went wrong. But i guess, to me, my biggest regret is letting certain cuts go and holding beans that went bad before i got around to germing them. Itā€™s the ā€œwhat ifā€ factor that bothers me the mostā€¦

6 Likes

@oleskool830

I like small experiments. Like the ejuice I have sitting soaking. A YouTube video said it would work to just mix weed (in my case kief) with pg/vg and stir it several times per day and it will be ejuice in 30 days. The video author was making tincture, but it is extremely close to ejuice. It is supposed to be a completely odor free way to make the stuff. Iā€™ve been disappointed in how my ejuice has been turning out.

Besides, I am retired. I have plenty of time to satisfy my enormous curiosity. :smiley:

Did your girlfriend get busted as well?

@deep_rob

I forgot about that! I had purchased about 6-8 strains of seeds from CBay in 2002. I had at least one strain (Kali Mist) that I waited too long to germ out. Never even got a taste. :frowning: Thatā€™s the problem with a small grow, never enough space. I am currently growing out some really awesome plants from bag seeds. I have no idea what they are, only that one is very purple and one is very blonde. I just call them ā€œPurpleā€ and ā€œBlondeā€.

Eventually, Iā€™ll buy more seeds, Iā€™d really like a strains that is high in indica, but, for now, I am enjoying the strains I have. I currently generate seeds about once per year to make sure I never have to buy a bunch of weed to find good seeds again. It took quite a few bags of purchased weed to get the strains I have. That was expensive, but unavoidable. :confounded:

@Scissor-Hanz

That link keeps giving me a time out error trying to find the jpg. :frowning: Could possibly post a copy of the picture? Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Itā€™s been more than a week since Iā€™ve seen a flyinā€™ fucker in my home and longer since Iā€™ve seen any indication of them in my plants, so, Iā€™ve decided to put two plants in the flowering room into my nets (drilled pots). When I had no pests, these containers did really good. I knocked a week of flowering off of each strain with them. Going to see if my regret can turn around. I am thinking that if I stay vigilant for flyinā€™ fuckers, this may work well.

Look at the pots for the 2 pots the plants in the fore ground are in:

Putting them into the nets this far along (1/2 way through their 49 day flowering cycle), will not ruin my yield if the little winged bastards come back, but it is early enough to get an a bigger yield if it the drilled pots work the way did before the little varmints came back.

We will see what we will see. :pray:

Cheers!
C50

3 Likes

@Cobra50
Oh sorry bro,
Itā€™s a pic of a ā€œVapona Stripā€

1 Like

@Scissor-Hanz,

Oh. Did it prove top be toxic to your seedlings? Iā€™ve been using yellow sticky traps and bug zappers. I was a bit concerned when I put a bug zapper into my flowering room as I leave them on 24/7. It didnā€™t seem to be a problem, thankfully!

2 Likes

I use them on cuttings without a problem. But ya, it chocked the smaller seedlings over about 10 hrs.

@Scissor-Hanz

Oh well, a day with out learning is a wasted day. :wink:

2 Likes

No. She was 16 and her family were ā€œprominentā€ (wealthy) members of a small community. No charges. They just wanted my ass out of the county!
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I have a new regret today. :confounded:
I decided to take my plants out of their areas to get better photos.

See the short one on the right?

This is the same plant 1 minute laterā€¦ :poop: I saw it go over, but I had the taller plant in my hand and didnā€™t want to drop it while trying to save the one that was falling. This is one of those situations that I wish I couldā€™ve taken back the last 10 seconds.

Fortunately, if you stitch it back together with some twist ties, it will repair itself with very little loss. Doesnā€™t stop the regret for having done it to start with. :disappointed:

6 Likes

Stakes are your friends.

Putting salted water on the soilā€¦:expressionless: :worried:

:sweat: Lmfao

1 Like

They must have really loved that, :laughing:

99%

1 Like

Yeah, harvested exactly zero Swiss chard that year. :joy: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Bought lots of Swiss Chard seed this year. Going big time.

Love it with everything.

3 Likes