What is the fastest growing strain in your collection?

Too late now that she’s flowering. Just keep her fed and watered or scrap it and start over. At that size she’s not gonna yield much and isn’t gonna get bigger since it’s already flowering. If you do keep it and keep it healthy you’ll probably get a couple grams of decent bud but it’s a lot of time and work for not much back. You got seeds still?

1 Like

That is what I did put the first less desirable strain and everything went great. Than I still had issues with the more desirable. Just go for it :laughing:

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

@EugeneDebs420

Yes I have more seeds… the guy at the Canna Convention gave them away for free. He put over a dozen in each bag and my partner wasn’t even sure about trying one, since they weren’t guaranteed to be female… the guy was kinda Weird… he wouldn’t give out any info, just said take the free seeds, try them and if we liked them and wanted more, to contact him (local grower). So I don’t even know what is supposed to smell/taste like or anything.

I doubt if we will try a second seed for awhile (if ever)… if he gets enough bud to have a joint or bowl out of it, I guess that will determine the fate of the remaining seeds… If he likes it, maybe we’ll try it again… with your pointers in mind for a better outcome…

If he’s “meh” I may be on the “free seed” thread, making new friends over there, giving them away to folks who can appreciate them.

1 Like

I have a GMO X ALANI that is my fastest grower, next would be washing machine which is an exodus cheese offspring.

1 Like

Yeah @G-pas time to stop provaricating and time do it!

1 Like

Yep, we can all help you with it, If I can anybody can.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

My most vigorous plant is either Frosted Altoids (Animal Mints bx1 x Lavender Frosting) or The Game is Thick (Waiting Game x Lavender Frosting) and fastest finishers at 9weeks is the Alien Vs Lavender (Alien OG x Lavender Frosting) and Frozen TaHquitos (Tahquitz OG x Lavender Frosting) :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Ma Gooey x Run Away Bride and one early pre-98 orange pheno

You get those seeds from GLG and Baddawg? I think I have some. How are the flowers?

1 Like

Yes, they are a week or so from coming down . As most things from Drag Boat are they are looking stellar. After talking with Jeff and a few other well known breeders I had to try this Ma Gooey and was ecstatic to get a pack so I popped them not long after receiving. The smells are intoxicating, pineappley skunk and like champagne…. At least atm they just started flush so we’ll see what it ends up like and in the jars, who knows. It’s an ABSOLUTE FROST MONSTER. And sticky as all hell! As my good friend CP says who just took one down. “Make sure you have lots and lots of good snips out and lots and lots of alcohol as well, a hashmakers dream” idk but we’ll see, I’m actually trying to get my hands on at least 10 but preferably 20-30 to do a proper lil hunt and exploratory venture

1 Like

upload://jblAxNZuzhZAcaoG1CuSNzaLTTW.jpeg)

8 Likes

And yes, that’s a bud leaf forming at the petiole. Epic! I’ve only seen it once or twice before but both were tiny, mutant looking. This looks like a small little whispy bud :scream: The pictures do not do the frost justice, these have frost rails on the fans, lots of them.

1 Like

If your talking sheer size, the Humboldt Bigfoot Glue is currently pushing ahead even that of the Copa Time Travel that was large.

Stalk is almost the size of a quarter in diameter on the larger one…

5 Likes

The flowering structure is pretty perfect for chunky buds. Petiole flowers are cool looking and fairly rare, I’ve grown probably a half dozen strains over the last forty+ years that exhibit that same trait, not too common at all, but very majestic looking.

Looks like you have an excess heat issue the way those fan leaves are “tacoing” up. That could be problematic if let go too long.

My fastest growing strain is either a Highland Afghani or maybe a great three way strain called A-Dub (Sour Diesel x OG Kush x Chemdawg)

3 Likes

It’s weird as it’s only on this and the one other pheno, perhaps they are very heat sensitive as there’s 18 other plants showing no signs. I did have a 2 day spike before I turned on my central air but I didn’t think it would affect like that. I’ve been growing about 1/2 the time you have 25 give or take and only seen a few as well, my mentor 38 years and has only had 8 strains ever show it as well. It’s a cool trait for sure, useless but cool. I kept a couple clones so I may run these again but tbh I’d rather explore the genetics a little further from seed as I only had 6 in the pack, and got a perfect 50% m/f ratio. So only ended up with 3 ladies, two phenos. There’s definitely much more to explore here imo as these scents are truly something else, only the pre-98 is overpowering it slightly. A-Dub sounds like absolute money btw and ANYTHING Afghani is right up my alley. Sounds like we are on a similar pallet

2 Likes

I have a “ Road Runner” photoperiod plant that can finish 35 days from the flip to 12-12. I produces red buds in colder temperatures and the resin heads turn dark red like they are full of red dye. :grin:

3 Likes

I believe I have a bunch of packs of this… If you need some, hit me up and I’ll see what I have.

Edit: Two years later, didn’t realize this was such an old bump :joy: Did you ever do that hunt?

GMO, Blackout Bobby, Fruity Pebbles OG F4 #2. Mother of berries matures very very fast.