What is your choice in hydroponic nutrients and WHY?

Hey,

What has made you choose or use your current hydroponic nutrients? And what is that you use?

I have been growing with GH FloraMicro + FloraBloom combo for the last 13-14 years or so.

Been quite satisfied, I have tried different additives and boosters with them but haven’t had much if any improvement from those, so have always stopped them after they ran out.

I tried “Dutch Master” nutrients and additives a few years back, but again, higher cost than GH FloraMicro+FloraBloom combo and same result.

I’m open to try out a new line of nutrients if it would offer significant benefits over the current one, no matter what it would cost… But just don’t see it being out there.

When I ran hydro I really liked cutting edge nutrients, i liked them much better advanced nutrients. I felt they just delivered a better end product than AN. I have no real science to prove it just felt they were doing better. I’ve never ran gh in hydro so i can’t compare the two, though I’ve used the GO pack with success.

3 Likes

megacrop would be my choice for hydro nutrient… very soluble/dissolves easily and doesn’t clog lines. complete 1 part with macro/micros, 18 l-amino acids and enzymes, soluble silica, kelp extract, b vitamins etc and it’s very affordable, only $55 for a 27lb bag i think

1 Like

I used to use Flora but messing about with 3 bottles got confusing when stoned so i switched to Ionic, didn’t notice any difference in yield but it is a bit cheaper and simpler to use.

@legalcanada: That’s any interesting product, haven’t seen it before. Need to look into this more. It even includes Chitosan which is a bit surprising. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

theres a big thread on OG here, lots of information and pics. i think they may also be going for OMRI certification in 2018 so i believe technically it’s organic

2 Likes

But $66.50 for shipping… :frowning:

Thanks for your input though :slight_smile:

Well, I only use two bottles to begin with, and as a stoner I only use my own stoner formula of 2ml/l bloom and 1ml/l micro, that is easy to remember even when I am blazed up… :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your input, I have to look into that because at least its readily available in Europe while this Megacrop and Cutting Edge mentioned in this thread are not.

1 Like

Thank you for your contribution.

even including cost of shipping it’s much cheaper than most dry ferts and almost certainly cheaper than all liquid ferts. $120 for 2000 gallons of nutes plus enzymes isn’t bad at all.

1 Like

$12.85 shipping to east coast, US for a 20lbs bag is not bad.

1 Like

I’ve tried a few over the years, most work fine but i kept going back to Ionic for hydro. Helped get a couple of growers started up using it too, visited a recent one last night and he’s now pulling around 6oz per plant in hempy buckets. Four big plants under one 600w hps and a years growing now under his belt, he’s happy :thumbsup:

1 Like

I am going to order them the next time I go to the grow shop just because you said that. I have been wanting to try them for over a year but had hesitation. I just got my first batch of NPK raw nutrients and gonna give them a go. I like the powders and to be able to mix any ppm of anything.

2 Likes

Istarted with 3-part. Wroter a paper on it.

I also used Dutchmaster for a while and still have some. For the past year I have switched to Flower Power Nutrients, and I did some side by sides against Botanicare, Foxfarm, and dutch Master and Flower Power out yielded all comers. It is so easy to use that I have gotten lazy, and may never change, except for when I build my new aquaponic system, then wqe have a different story.

Hope this helps someone, Peace, lw

p.s. I would givr you all a link but, I do not want theBoss mad at me.

My family’s been using Dutch Nutrient Formula for over 20 years.

http://www.dutchnutrientformula.com/gro_bloom/gro_bloom.html

1 Like