What Other Plants Do You Have?

I won’t delay on this one.

The peaches are boiled down with water and a small amount of pectin. These are so sweet, that only enough sugar needed to preserve them, is all they would want. Any more would detract from the flavor.

4 Likes

Cheers I’m going to try and make some.

Wtf is pectin :open_mouth:

2 Likes
1 Like

Oh right, cheers mate

2 Likes

Those lilies are awesome! Are they all day lilies? Or do you have some fragrant varieties too?

Those are day lilies. I do have of the some Asian lilies too tho.

3 Likes

We have this nasty red & black beetle (invasive Asian species) that decimates then Asian Lilies around here.

Unless you are collecting those beetles, best for indoors in these parts :disappointed:

Nobody is touching the Pruning Plums (yet!). :relieved:

8 Likes

99- you’re like an IV-drip for a lot of us here.
:hugging::sweat_drops: :seedling: :herb::rainbow: :cherries: :pear::sunflower::tulip: :tomato: :corn: :grapes: :apple: :tangerine: :peach:

Serious reminder for me to recalibrate my gardening & life next year; my tomato plants were a blemish to the family name. :see_no_evil:

Hope you’re well :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Some years I get 'em. Some years they leave me alone.

2 Likes

We have some sort of Japanese beetle here. It’s black and green, huge and it flies. CA dept. of agriculture stuck a trap in my front yard about 2 months ago. Apparently, they hitch rides on airplanes (I live near LAX airport) and decimate crops here. So far I have only seen 2 flying around (it could have been the same one). I haven’t noticed any in the trap they set, but they come by every few weeks or so and change the pheromone thing in the trap. Hoping they don’t come around next year as I am planning to grow some veggies.

1 Like

Is it a metallic/shiny green thing about 1-1.5" long? That’s chicken candy! :wink: I wondered WTF they were…

:evergreen_tree:

You’re probably thinking of a Scarab Beetle. Really clumsy and loud, all over Southern California. People really freak out when one crash lands into them.

4 Likes

No it’s black, green and purple, really big with wings. CA dept. of Ag just call it a Japanese Beetle

I tried to search for a pic, but it just keeps showing me the green and brown ones. It may have another fancy name, can’t find the paper they left me on it or I’d take a pic of that.

1 Like

Fresh Grapes?

14 Likes

Freshly picked Beets

11 Likes

How do you cook your beets? Have tried em a few different ways and never achieve the results I expect.

1 Like

Nice! I see a cute lil dog butt photo bombing too! :laughing:

2 Likes

Depends really… either boil them up, juice them or make chips. These ones got boiled and cooled, sliced up and added to the salad

1 Like

Hahaha yep that’s Vinnie

3 Likes

Farm grown salad

13 Likes