What Other Plants Do You Have?

OMG. Beautiful grapes! You must teach me to grow those! Maybe too hot here in hell.
:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Hell yeah @Sunvalley! Excellent my friend.
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Pruning Plums are about 2-3 weeks from perfect.

11 Likes

Golden Raspberry Season

Banana Legs Tomato

12 Likes

If I were your neighbor I would make sure I was really nice to you, then steal all your raspberries! Yum!!! lol

In all seriousness, is that a self-pollinating type or do you have 2 bushes?

3 Likes

I believe that raspberries are self pollinated, with the help of pollinators.

1 Like

I tried to grow one once and since I have no bees (due to wasps from my neighbors pool). They just flowered and then the ants ate the flowers. Never got a single berry.

1 Like

There are ornamental varieties that flower but never fruit.

Anybody ever grow orchids? I’m probably going to do a cannabis side-by-side trial using an orchid potting mix recipe. The constant acidity & lots of air seem ideal for pH control problems that I have with granular fertilizer.

And sorry to say, I gave in to the good ole 10-30-30 soluble orchid food because my whole grow looks underfed by early flowering. 8$ for over 100 gallons of feed seems cheap.

Anyone else give in to the dark side? :first_quarter_moon:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

They always come with bugs. I’d nuke 'em before I bring them near my plants.

3 Likes

Some how I have this image of Jim Lahey in protective gear…looking like the mining slaves in Heavy Metal.

Ha. whaddya know. I figured Jim was a Canadian politician. :thinking: :smoking: :sparkles:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I’ve never had a bug problem on my orchids. It never occurred to me that they are acidic. I wouldn’t even know how to ph test the bark lol

I also grow african violets and I keep seeing everywhere that most commercial nutes have Urea Nitrogen that isn’t the best type to use. It’s mostly been directed at fertilizer for my violets, but I do wonder the effect of it in MJ

1 Like

this is what i got locally for about 8$:

:evergreen_tree: no urea in that one

http://www.growmore.com/products/type/fertilizers.html

1 Like

I decided to grow a few veggies today in containers. They may never make it, but with the mild winters here you never know. Sometimes the mildness of winter can also be a problem, but on with the experiment. Seeds are cheap. Bought a actual starter artichoke plant and planted 2 sets of seeds. One sweet bell peppers and one brussel sprouts. It ought to be interesting if nothing else. I planted in 5 gallon buckets with some kelloggs outdoor/indoor potting soil and mixed it with some Dr. Earths veggie powder fertilizer. I’ve never grown a vegetable in my life.

5 Likes

It will probably work. I’ll be interested to see what happens!

You’ll do allright. :smile: :thumbsup: Try another fun one with potatos!

get some potatos & a growbag. cover potato or chunks with soil but barely(big emptyish bag at this point), keep burying plant as it grows new nodes leaving abou 6" above the soil. when it’s blooming is time to harvest i believe, but @99PerCent will probably correct all my nonsense. :blush:

:evergreen_tree: the peppers want 80F though

5 Likes

Oh we’ve got 80 degrees! It’s been a heat wave since May
I bought a cheapy greenhouse too. I’ll assemble it soon, if it starts to chill down at night.

3 Likes

This is a small pickling / salad cucumber variety (Delikatess), it got forgotten - hidden from view
saved the seeds

Thats a 1L(~1Qt) bottle

7 Likes

Meanwhile the tomato landrace project is steaming along

10 Likes

You growing some peppers and cilantro too? Could make some kick ass salsa!

3 Likes