What Other Plants Do You Have?

No, it’s my little Lemon tree

I grew from seed from a store bought Lemon

It probs won’t bare any fruit but I like watching stuff grow

I think it prefers the warmth of my bedroom rather than the shitty British weather

5 Likes

Me too! :seedling: Especially from seed!

You made me realize how much I take lemon trees for granted. They grow in every back yard here. I need to respect the citrus more, maybe even start eating some of the kumquats that grow in my yard again.

4 Likes

One of my chilli pepper plants is starting to fruit :+1:

7 Likes

Came over to cannabis from my time spent with orchids. Unfortunately nothing to exciting is in bloom at the moment. Does anybody have experience growing strawberries from seed? I’m having a bitch of a time getting strawberry seeds to germ. Any suggestions?

1 Like

No :strawberry: knowledge to share but I’m curious what you think of my failed attempts to use orchid potting mix/media for cannabis? :thinking: my initial motivation was the acidification to help stabilize pH… but my first go this fall said no-start over dude. :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Well if honest, I fix majority of my orchids to trees. If I’m using any media it is usually a bark/ moss mix. All about keeping shit simple and have been reasonably successful

2 Likes

It’s mad how long it’s took like, mine started ages ago then just stopped.

Theres hardly owt left of them now the snails nd slugs have done them in :cry:

2 Likes

I’m going to try with a tangerine seed next nd maybe some blueberries.

2 Likes

I plan to in spring. I have read that the strawberry seeds take forever to germ. Have patience. Let us know how it goes!
Btw… I LOVE orchids!

Can you use pine needles as mulch to help with that?

Lol yeaaahhhhh I’m not the most patient type. But read the same thing. After 3 weeks I said fuck it to the strawberries and started something else. Yeah orchids are fun, but can become quite an expensive little hobby lol. Started getting into breeding and flasking orchids… but that takes years to see results. Can take between 5-7 years before seeing first flowers. Think my favorites are my vanilla orchids. Hand pollinate to create vanilla beans then months and months of cure, but nothing beats fresh vanilla

1 Like

supposedly. but they’re even slower than sulfur which takes a year to lower a point…which is way too much LITFA for me :monkey:. i looked at potting soil for acid-loving plants & it’s all kinda BS, not truly the 5.5 or 6.0 pH they claim. in my mind that’d be great to blend with fortified mix.

but i’m an impatient dummy. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Okay then, a boat load of peat… lol

I used it for my blueberry plant, EEK! Hope it keeps a low ph. I’m gonna let it break down for a few weeks then test it.

1 Like

I know. I got the seeds off you at the very beginning of the year. They took about 6 - 8 weeks to even get above the soil. I’m gonna maybe stick them in the mother tent along with the pure ak to see if it helps her fruit a bit faster :+1:

2 Likes

Aye deffo might make some spicy weed

AK Inferno :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

people made fun of me for turning my yard in a “wildlfower meadow” this summer but it worked, huge clouds of these white asters everywhere with bees & monarchs

look at this little guy - a New England Aster has found its way to the meadow

9 Likes

I absolutely love it!!! We’ve had a bad drought here for like 5 years so all my grass in my very back yard has died. I have been seriously considering just growing a carpet of flowers back there instead of grass. So beautiful!

4 Likes

around here you can just wait & see what comes up. Last year I killed off some of the weeds I don’t like, that allows the good ones to take over. The effect is pretty amazing, there’s all kinds of birds coming to get the seeds, hummingbirds, bees, butterflies, etc. Planning to brush-hog it all down flat in a few more weeks.

4 Likes

The landrace toms have all mostly died, here are the few types that produced fruit.
Most are average, one is bitter and one has a really good taste.
The beef toms did worst of all
The whole patch was blighted badly but these ones had none or minor contagion.

8 Likes

@Meesh,
Just noticed that the red raspberries my wife bought at the supermarket are grown in Mexico.

…theres gotta be a way to grow them around LA then, right? Having said that, these particular ones taste like water, not much flavour.

3 Likes