What Other Plants Do You Have?

Honestly, since I killed my rose bush with it, I am afraid to test it on anything but my cannabis. I use a 8-14-9 fert. The new Megacrop is 9-6-17. No idea what the conversion would be.

2 Likes

FloraNova bloom is closer to the first ratio, Iā€™ll just use that. Bloom, right? :slight_smile:

Thanks @Meesh!

1 Like

Yup. 1/2 strength ā€¦

1 Like

@HappyHemper how did it go at Momā€™s? Please tell me you went over there?

My interest has been piquedā€¦ Anybody want to talk about bat guano with me? lol

I donā€™t know what other thread to post this in. Seemed appropriate enough

2 Likes

Some people love it and swear by it me however donā€™t use itā€™s good for flowering as it high in phosphorus very dusty stuff one should use a respirator when applying can carry a fungus and often does called histoplasmosis that can get into the lungs via spores nasty stuff , how itā€™s harvested people from the environmental side frown upon it.

https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/histoplasmosis/index.html

3 Likes

Someone mentioned guano in a fox farms soil in another thread and how it burns. So it made me think of an article I was reading in some gardening mag the other day. This woman had the most beautiful flower filled patio with containers, raised beds, Vines and a small in ground bed in the very end. Pretty much, every growing medium under the sun. Anyway, it was amazing! This woman was obviously a flower freak like me. She said that all she did was twice a year, made a guano tea in a large trash can. Took 1 box of guano and water and let it sit with the lid on for a week. But that was where she stopped, so Iā€™m left wondering if she dilutes that stuff after a week and what kind of guano did she use because Iā€™ve since found there are different types. I would kill to have that sort of ease in my flower beds and with ridiculously abundant flowers, aside from weeding of course!

3 Likes

Ya youā€™ll see different guanos with different n/p ratios for sure Iā€™d think one high In N one would want to stay away from when in flower though such as. Mexican bat guano.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just been using bone meal. I wonder what would happen if I threw a bag of that in water for a week then diluted it, if it would turn into super flower fertilizer?

2 Likes

So Iā€™v been reading that book Jadam which I highly recommend BTW it can be bought for like 30$ on Amazon so the making of these solutions is just use clean water and pretty much toss anything you want in them none are aerated, starches are used as the food source and leaf mold or small amount of compost like material is used and thatā€™s it ,no stirring it goes against the conventional way of making microbial teas and such claim is its Anerobic in nature . So like for instance if you want a "tomato fertilizer " use tomatoe residue cause all plant take up different minerals from the soil profile and hold them in their tissues so in essence stew it ferment it and feed it back to your tomatos makes sense once ya think about replacing what is lost in the soil!

2 Likes

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I too have wondered about these kinds of experimentsā€¦ :thinking: ā€¦i know time & stirring are a factorā€¦

:fork_and_knife: mmmm :meat_on_bone: booooone meeeeeeaaalllā€¦ :dog2:

:laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @cannabissequoia happy to report that I have at least 3 of them in my house! Need to get the damn aloe Vera plant still up and propagated as well!

2 Likes

I believe the non-stirred teas( Jadam) method serve as a visual indicator as when there ready to be applied one looks for the bubbling activity at its peak and also the bacteria pulling away from the side of the containerā€¦ thereā€™s YouTube vids out there that show how easy it actually is! Will be doing some side- side trials in the garden this year!

3 Likes

Hey @Meesh! All good I did go a few days ago and today. They are fine. A little cold and pissed off, but overall good. I think they will survive until she returns :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hell yes! Looking good! New leaves and all! For more abundant flowering feed 1/2 strength every watering. My exact same type has so many fricken flowers on it they got stuck together.

Mines fading now, but Iā€™ll post a pic for you anyway. Flowers lasted 2 months I thinkā€¦

1 Like

Wowsa I dont think I have ever seen more than a dozen on hers.

Challenge accepted!

I have about a month, will try to make them bloom crazy for my parentsā€™ return.

1 Like

Keep in mind Iā€™m in fade right nowā€¦

4 Likes

Not exactly pretty at the moment and I was in a hurry and watered from the top awhile back so some water burn on a few leaves. I have a pink one that flowers after this one fades. Itā€™s like they have an agreement or something. While one is all leaf the other one blooms for me

1 Like

I found this article today @Tinytuttle when I was reading something else. They claim it never burnsā€¦ According to everyone else it does. So much conflicting infoā€¦

2 Likes