What Other Plants Do You Have?

Its started to fill in nicely now, getting water to lower plants is problematic though. I IMG_8393 IMG_8394 wouldn’t make it as tall again ,its in a 15 in. tall pot.

6 Likes

Can anyone help me out with a stash of heirloom seeds?

1 Like

That is looking amazing! I love it! I may make one. Did you do all petunias?

Thanks, yeah its all petunias, put in around 50 seedlings, 3/4 made it. Watering is tricky, theres a pipe in the middle supposed to help but not sure it does.Thinking of doing a smaller version next time using 2 hanging baskets wired into a sphere , or a shorter tower.

1 Like

Did you use like the whole 4 feet width of the fencing or taller? Cuz I really am gonna build one. Now I’m thinking about your problem, so I don’t want to go too tall. What would you suggest if you built a new one?

Yeah used the whole length but wouldn’t make it that tall again, 3 ft. would be plenty I reckon. Used a 2 in. pipe down the middle with lots of holes but maybe two 1in. pipes would help get more water down low. Water seems to run out too quickly without wetting the lower section as much as the top, thats the only real problem with it. Maybe heavier/thicker soil in the bottom section to slow the water drainage may help. Good luck with it !IMG_8399 IMG_8398

2 Likes

Saw a bulge and thought I had gophers! Just big sweat potatoes…IMG_8400

6 Likes

That’s awesome, you have a great garden. Mine only lasts outside for a few months :frowning:

1 Like

Have you germinated Dionaea this way before? I have some sitting around but was thinking about flasking them, never had luck in moss.

EDIT: my bad I see now they’re Drosera, still excited to see them grow :).

1 Like

A few more of my orchids; Vanda falcata, some Ophrys and my Peristeria elata growing a new bulb.

5 Likes

IMG_8401

6 Likes

@plant and @Ace if I could I would like these pics 100 times! Crazy flower lady here! Post away! lol

4 Likes

heirloom what? :grin: :herb: :ear_of_rice:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Hahaha already have heirloom :evergreen_tree: seeds. Looking for vegetable seeds for the shtf stash.

2 Likes

Datura and zinnia flowersIMG_8406 IMG_8413 IMG_8411 !IMG_8409

9 Likes

Planted 2 dwarf apple trees today in the @ReikoX favorite living soil mix. Eventually these will be growing in 20+ gallon pots

5 Likes

I just had my 2 apple trees cut down and torn out, lol Dwarves sound good to me as apples all ripen at once. The amounts from a dwarf would be much more manageable. Most of my apples ended up in the compost as I just had too freaking many of them.

2 Likes

carnivorous plants. pitcher plants, venus flytraps, sundews

12 Likes

Welcome to OG! And those plants are beautiful!

3 Likes

Are those easy to find at nurseries and what not?

2 Likes