My garden of choice is a tomato garden. All different types :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think you’ll find many of us are into gardening :+1:

4 Likes

I love growing my own vegetables…

3 Likes

I was given a coca plant as a house warming gift :astonished:

2 Likes

so many! About 20 fig trees. Christmas cactus. Pink princess philodendron. Monstera deliciosa, monstera adanosaii, peace lily, snake plant, string of turtles, various cacti, a few varities of jaboticaba, pitangatuba

1 Like

I have a 1/2 acre market garden that grows a little bit of everything threw out the year. I’m adding 2000 square feet of pumpkins this coming season :grin:

2 Likes

I was trying to find one and failed.

2 Likes

Stoners will eat anything, even okra fig fire chutney :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

That’s actually sounds delicious I would totally eat it. Sugar base, vinegar base, either way sounds good.

1 Like

I’ve been a gardener all my life, it’s very therapeutic. I have mobility problems and have not been able to do much these days.

4 Likes

My current hydroponic lettuce grow. I can grow 8-12 tubs at a time in my rack setup, but these are plenty for me.

5 Likes

Lettuce know your secret (see what I did there?)

They look tasty and in a nice clean setup.

3 Likes

Honestly, I got fed up with buying expensive, gross, bug infested, slimy and rotten lettuce and decided I could do much better. I already have experience with hydroponics, and lettuce is perfect for a simple raft system.

I started by growing them in my old closet growroom, and they performed beautifully! The problem was I had trouble bending down to pick leaves daily (they would grow a leaf a day at their peak, enough for a salad).

So, I took a basic wire rack, installed some LED lights, bought a dozen dish tubs from Walmart and sheet styrofoam from Lowes, and a 4 outlet air pump from Amazon. The lights are not great, but they are perfect for this. I wrapped it with a couple of old lace curtains to keep the cat hair out, and it’s working great.

I even have room at the very bottom for a mushroom fruiting chamber! I’ve grown several batches of oyster mushrooms and maybe someday I’ll be able to grow some p. cubensis.

5 Likes

Now Mrs Foreigner is saying “how come I don’t get lettuce why aren’t you growing me the lettuce right now.”

I try to tell her we don’t have the space but she doesn’t care.

3 Likes

Honestly, it’s easy with a rack system like mine— and you can grow anything you want in there. It’s perfect for propagation and seed starting. I have 7 kinds of thanksgiving and Christmas cactus and rose-scented geraniums that I’m currently propagating, too.

4 Likes

My lil garden outside the greenhouse :seedling: got some peppers, tomatoes, zuccini, strawberries and a myriad of herbs and other plants. and the san pedros of course. been taking the normal plant dad hobby up as of late, no longer just a bunch of weed here lol

2 Likes

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468014123000249

“Because you need to Let Us finish these first” wink n a smile Done.

It’s a square footage issue. I have none.

I have some potatoes going… and apparently a couple of sneaky beans from the compost pile are making a break for it. Found 'em this afternoon whilst scouting for potato beetles.

1 Like