What s going wrong? Need help please

Hi OGs,
thanks to this great community.

And thank you for your numerous answers and for the great help!

You re right. It should be spider mites and the leafs look like that because the lockout of nutrition.

The biggest problem, however, is that several plants are in different phases of flowering in the same tent.
Through the rotation I have 6 plants ready for harvest.
8 more plants will be ready in the next 14 days. I won’t be able to change anything about them and I hope that they can do it without major damage.

What should I do with the 8 plants from the 4th week of flowering?
Trying to manually keep the beasts at bay?
I would like to try to get them through to harvest, as not all are so badly affected.

There are other plants that are in the 2nd week of flowering, I have to protect them.
Should I spray them with potash soap, wait 24 hours and then spray with neem and give the plants to drink neem too?

Or how do I save my young plants?

I will upload photos from the underside of the leaf later.

Many Thanks.

2 Likes

When I thought I won the battle found this while checking trichomes:

Unless you kill them all (wich is higly improbable) they will reproduce themselves quickly and you will find them in your buds. I was frustrated and had to cull all. Sstarting now a battle with not many chances to win means a bigger and wider infestation for the rest of plants if you fail.

I agree with what you would do, for a new grower it will be just a new experience and next grow will be looking daily for any sign of infestation like those spots in the leaves,

We must always try to give the best solution, even if it is devastating for a new beginner. Anyway he can just start the battle, it’s his choice, good luck with it if so … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Get about 50k predators. They will slow the mites down.

2 Likes

Without knowing for sure, I’d say spider mites. Get some “Neem Oil” and a fan. Follow directions. Spray the underside of the leaves and get a little more than gentle breeze going, but not too much wind. I’d also add some Cal/Mag. Also check water level. If soil is wet, let it dry out a little. Also are you feeding your plants too much? Make very sure you follow directions on the nutes, especially if not organic. Good luck.

1 Like

Hi OGs,

here are the pics:

![20210810_154113.cleaned|243x500]
(upload://eyawjCMHsblD5T0c8uYdND9olDh.jpeg)

I’ll try potash soap and neem oil first. Then I use lacewing larvae and predatory mites.

What can you do against spider mites in the vegetative stage?

Thank you.

4 Likes

First thing try to keep humidity high and temperatures low to slow them down. If you want more info here’s a long thread about them: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes
1 Like

still seeing other problem besides the mites, lock out, plus heat stress, and the mites, man i hope you get things under control
it just makes me sad seeing plants like this

1 Like

It makes me sad too, that’s why I looked for help.

Thought the lock out came from the mites?

It can’t be heat stress. How do you make it up?
Summer wasn’t that hot here and I switched to LED.
On this run it was never over 80 ° F.

Greetingz

1 Like

i think its a combination of things, not just the mites, but root level as well.
my thoughts on that would be the ph was off for a bit, and you got lock out, now you focus on whats going on with that, and you get hit with those bastard spider mites.
i think the next round you grow, you ll do things different.
but if you didnt have the spider mites, i would say flush your plant until your run off ph was at a 6,
then let the plant dry out and start a feed with half the nutrients you use but i would want you to add kelp like every 3rd feed, that would help the plant bounce back from the shock , but that is usally my suggestion when the plants are just going in to flower, i would also try making my own soap liquid spray, 5 tablespoons per gallon of water- sorry im in the USA, so measurements are standard not metric. what you could try is putting the plants back into veg for a few weeks so you can have new growth, and more time to get the spider mites and ph back in check
you defiantly want to keep your plants inside, if you can help it, the spider mites are hitch hikers meaning they came in on a plant or even you? who knows, but they live on the under side of the leaves, and lay eggs, you get them early you just cut off the leaf they are on or wipe it down with a paper towel with rubbing alcohol,
next time though you will want to treat them with neem oil during veg, but i promise you, from now on you ll be more on top of your ph and you will always be on the look out for pest.
it is sad but you will learn from this grow making your next grow better.
we have all been there, we live and learn, or i should say we grow and learn.
i hope you get this settled for the best.
how high is the led from the top of the plants?

2 Likes

i think its a combination of things, not just the mites, but root level as well.
my thoughts on that would be the ph was off for a bit, and you got lock out, now you focus on whats going on with that, and you get hit with those bastard spider mites.
i think the next round you grow, you ll do things different.
but if you didnt have the spider mites, i would say flush your plant until your run off ph was at a 6,
then let the plant dry out and start a feed with half the nutrients you use but i would want you to add kelp like every 3rd feed, that would help the plant bounce back from the shock , but that is usally my suggestion when the plants are just going in to flower, i would also try making my own soap liquid spray, 5 tablespoons per gallon of water- sorry im in the USA, so measurements are standard not metric. what you could try is putting the plants back into veg for a few weeks so you can have new growth, and more time to get the spider mites and ph back in check
you defiantly want to keep your plants inside, if you can help it, the spider mites are hitch hikers meaning they came in on a plant or even you? who knows, but they live on the under side of the leaves, and lay eggs, you get them early you just cut off the leaf they are on or wipe it down with a paper towel with rubbing alcohol,
next time though you will want to treat them with neem oil during veg, but i promise you, from now on you ll be more on top of your ph and you will always be on the look out for pest.
it is sad but you will learn from this grow making your next grow better.
we have all been there, we live and learn, or i should say we grow and learn.
i hope you get this settled for the best.
how high is the led from the top of the plants?
oh and have you seen the spider mites crawling around??

1 Like

I’m not so sure those are spider mites in the picture. You may have russet mites. I’m not familiar with them myself, but spider mites are not red…are they?

3 Likes

I see spider mites can indeed be red.://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/red-spider-mites.htm

1 Like

Yes, I think … beer3|nullxnull

Captura

1 Like

2,000 Live Adult Predatory Mites - A Mix of Predatory Mite Speciesl - Ships Next Business Day!l Amazon.com : 2, 000 Live Adult Predatory Mites - A Mix of Predatory Mite Speciesl - Ships Next Business Day!l : Garden & Outdoor

4 Likes

Natures good guys is legit but you can order direct. Thats who i use for predators.

3 Likes

Here’s another great resource for predator insects and lots of other stuff and they’ve been around for a long time.

Arbico Organics

They’ll also send you catalogs a couple of times a year if you get on the mailing list. Or just email and it’ll get to you quick.

I’m very lucky so far, in that I haven’t had to order from them yet. I live in a pretty remote rural area and with the absence of large corporate Ag farming operations, our insect balance seems to be in check.

I get most all of the same bugs that peeps here get, but they normally seem to take care of themselves eventually. I have to still be aware of them but I wait and watch here.

I’n not sure if it’s our intense sun, super dry humidity normally, or wide temperature swings, but I’ve been lucky. I did have a Panama Red plant from old seeds growing and while I was out of town my roomie wasn’t paying any attention to my plant. When I got home it was covered in aphids. I trashed the whole plant as it was way too late. That was the last time. I’ve sprayed before but I make sure I really have to.

I’m gambling for sure, but I want to learn where my boundaries are in my environment. So far I’ve been lucky but I learned, at least for me, that I don’t necessarily have to panic at first site.

This was my first year seeing seeing signs of mites, and I was going to spray, and I bought another new sprayer/mister but after a rain all signs disappeared, and I pulled off the few leaves that looked infected.

Plus, I do have a lot of natural predator insects here and so far things seem to balance out. This is from 4-5 years of close observation since I moved here. It makes me happy. I always see signs of insect damage, but I don’t spray at first site unless it’s past where I would want it to be.

I really believe that we have such a strong insect balance here because of the lack of agricultural pesticide spraying, continuously.

Best vibes on getting ahead of them! I think you have a great emergency response team in place right here ion OG, so don’t panic! lol. peace

3 Likes

I think my biggest plant damage creator would have to be caterpillars from moths. If I miss them then I’ll have a rotted spot on a bud. Some caterpillars will create mold that turns to bud rot, but I try and inspect regularly in flower.

Even with them, I don’t spray. I pick them off when I can and like most all bugs here, they have a limited time span for how long I’ll be dealing with them.

I feel for everybody dealing with mites. If I were back where I grew up, in the southeast, it would be ugly. I’m fortunate so far.

3 Likes

Good evening OGs,
thank you for the numerous answers.
It is a great help!
For everybody who’s interested.
The first measures that were taken:

1. Regular control and adjustment of the pH value.
  2. Temperature down and humidity increased.
  3. The plants or the leaves were sprayed with insecticidal soap, to which I added a dash of ethanol.
  4. Some plants have been watered with neem oil.

I hope these measures will buy me enough time before my flowering department is trained.
As soon as this is done, everything will be cleaned and disinfected.

How do I best deal with my mothers and plants in the vegetative department?
To finally give the spider mites the rest, I tend to an Arkazid.

Are there any recommendations that you can both spray and water?

For further prophylaxis I would spray and water neem oil at regular intervals.

Solid plan, or expandable?

I’m looking forward to your answers, thank you very much.

2 Likes