What s going wrong? Need help please

I think my biggest plant damage creator would have to be caterpillars from moths. If I miss them then I’ll have a rotted spot on a bud. Some caterpillars will create mold that turns to bud rot, but I try and inspect regularly in flower.

Even with them, I don’t spray. I pick them off when I can and like most all bugs here, they have a limited time span for how long I’ll be dealing with them.

I feel for everybody dealing with mites. If I were back where I grew up, in the southeast, it would be ugly. I’m fortunate so far.

3 Likes

Good evening OGs,
thank you for the numerous answers.
It is a great help!
For everybody who’s interested.
The first measures that were taken:

1. Regular control and adjustment of the pH value.
  2. Temperature down and humidity increased.
  3. The plants or the leaves were sprayed with insecticidal soap, to which I added a dash of ethanol.
  4. Some plants have been watered with neem oil.

I hope these measures will buy me enough time before my flowering department is trained.
As soon as this is done, everything will be cleaned and disinfected.

How do I best deal with my mothers and plants in the vegetative department?
To finally give the spider mites the rest, I tend to an Arkazid.

Are there any recommendations that you can both spray and water?

For further prophylaxis I would spray and water neem oil at regular intervals.

Solid plan, or expandable?

I’m looking forward to your answers, thank you very much.

2 Likes

You speak about mothers, plants in veg and in flower, do you have more than one tent or just one? Are all the plants infected or just some? Can you post pics of the plants? Looks like a good start but more info would be great … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Hi george, you’re right,
it’s two separate areas.
The warm air from the vegetation area is directed into the flowering area in order to increase the night temperature a little. But it is separated from each other in a light-tight manner.

To my regret, I found that two mothers are easily affected.
You can see the tiny holes in the leaves. Photos will be submitted as soon as possible.

Many thanks for the help.

1 Like

I’ve had them when growing outside, and have nearly destroyed many plants attempting to kill them.

I wouldn’t use soap, even the gentle varieties can strio the plants and fry them in the sun. Neem can do the same if the concentration is too high, but even when it’s not, it doesnt kill the mites.

the only thing that has worked for me is if they are in pots, flip the plants upside down and spray them pretty hard with water. The mites live on the undersides, so this washes the majority away.

After this I then spray with organic pyrethrens.

I’ll wait a few days then repeat the process. I’ve never had to repeat it more than 4 times. Also make sure you spray the soil too.

2 Likes

Damn that’s some wild footage !!

2 Likes

Hello Mantis,
welcome to this great community.
Thanks 4 your help.
Read a lot about it, in my country i have to order
remedies against lice in people from the pharmacy. The pyrethrens is in it in its pure form.

Greetingz

So I asume both tents are infested :pensive:, I tried also showering the plants upside down like Mantis suggested but at least in my case wasn’t enough to get rid of them.

If you spray do it right before lights off so you don’t fry the leaves. Maybe if you repeat the process during enough days and they have not reached big numbers you may win the battle, hope it is not too late for that … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Spraying them upside down wont get rid of them completely. It does reduce their numbers and spray off some of the eggs though.

After spraying it’s important to use the pyrethrens. I’ve never had them burn the plants.

There is also pyrethren powder that you can shake on the plants leaves undersides.

Good luck

1 Like