What’s Your Go-to Security Camera System

I started with it for automation in the grow. Controlling fans / humidifier / dehumidifier and lights… Monitor temp, co2, RH% and even soil moisture in several environments (veg, flower, drying tent). using ESP32 boards and various sensors (I do like Govees as well, they integrate super easily, why build it yourself when they are cheap enough and already everything you need) Added cams for fun, and eventual time lapse abilities. My entire reason for getting into HA was to control the grow, I have almost nothing in the house automated except the light in my 3D printer room is motion activated lol. thats all

1 Like

I use Wyze v3 for watching my garden, not home security, but they work well

2 Likes

I did have several cameras around the property but I started to notice my wife exposing herself in the dang cameras so I removed them lol

3 Likes

These are my mine…

7 Likes

OMG Can I come over with a few treats and a towel to wipe my face from all the big sloppy kisses lol

Those only have fast forward though :sweat_smile: no reverse!

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

You know it…how about these babies…

1 Like

I use a synology NAS to store and run my security camera system local for no monthly fee or having my video on someone elses server. Limits a little what cameras work with it but makes me feel more secure. Most amcrest cameras work and are cheap enough.

1 Like

That’s a belly begging to be scritched and rubbed. What a cutie!

1 Like

Fool!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Just wanna throw in that people should be aware of the fact that wifi can be a big security flaw because the connection can easily be deauthed with 15$ worth of hardware.

4 Likes

Thats true… But you’d have to be sitting in my driveway to get my wifi… But in close proximity like townhomes, condos or an apartment? Definitely something to consider…

2 Likes

All it takes is an ESP attached to a battery. I have built one of these deauthers myself, it fits in the pocket of my jacket and can be controlled through a web interface on the phone. All it takes is someone to figure out your SSID and they can keep your cams offline for as long as they are in their vicinity.

3 Likes