What the devil? seedling with..exposed roots?

still looks like burnt least tips.
A drop of water can magnify light to do that.

2 Likes

I don’t see this happening under a dome in that short of time, but it’s one of the possibilities.

1 Like

Had one do that too. At 10 days above ground in the pic. Sorry bout the fuzzy pic. .
I had it under a dome as well.
Was only 32 in at harvest and gave me a half #.
Also had a 3 way branching on the main stem only.
I put it down to lensing at the time.

:v:

5 Likes

Here’s mine

Never found out what the “horns” are tho

13 Likes

Nice :ok_hand: How’d it eventually grow? Did they just brown when exposed to the direct light?

3 Likes

That particular one had self topped, it was incredibly slow growing for the first few weeks then it grew normally.

Thr horns didn’t last very long, they browned and shriveled up within a week or so

9 Likes

:banana::banana::boom::rofl:

:evergreen_tree:wa wa waaaa

1 Like

You think anthers? @cannabissequoia

2 Likes

That’s a different one lol

As of this AM. The domes been off for over a day.

7 Likes

Looks like it still has a week to go before chopping.
,:crazy_face:

4 Likes

Omg I wish haha

2 Likes

They do look like little hairs.

1 Like

I thought someone said the leaf tiis were basically “bleached” for different possible reasons.
There’s no chlorophyll in the tips.

In an adult plant, they would be brown leaf tips like this:

3 Likes

To me it looks like the leaf midrib grew past the receding leaf tip…

5 Likes

Your grow is looking so cute :seedling:

I’m on a phone, but it doesn’t look like it’s bleached, burnt, or anything, it looks like it’s whatever color it’s supposed to be, rib or otherwise. Makes sense if the main vein out grew the leaf tip that it’d be white with no chlorophyll around it, maybe?

3 Likes

I’ve seen this mutation before. That white bit is actually the spine of the leaf sticking out. You can see the leaf tip is deformed kind of bent inward, but the spine of the leaf grew beyond that to the normal length of the leaf if it hadn’t deformed.

4 Likes

ding ding ding correct answer

3 Likes

Than you guys @breadwinner I honestly didn’t know what to call it. Its something I don’t see everyday and at least I know how to describe it. I’ve seen some wild stuff wherever it’s been posted for comment :slight_smile:

1 Like