3 leafer and maybe variegation

Here’s the 3 leafer with some 5 blades in the pic. Not reveg. Probably from some stress I’m not aware of, or feedings. I believe have an unusual feeding strategy compared to most folks. Though the end result has been fire, lights are my crutch.

And here’s the possibly variegated mutant, hopefully not some virus. Some of the branches grow somewhat normal

4 Likes

What variety is the three leafer?

From what I understand, some are genetically prone to it. I have one that puts out 3 leaflets for awhile in veg before it starts putting out 5 and 7.

Edit to add:

Here’s mine:

5 Likes

3 leafer is Texas butter banana og x stardawg. Stem rub is decent on this 1, musty earth w/maybe something else and little sweet fruit in the background. Not too strong.
What do you have there? Looks like the clone had 5 blades

3 Likes

It’s Grand Traverse Tart Cherry, which is (ECSD x Cherry Kush).

The clone had 5, but new growth on clones is always 3 for awhile. Same when I cut the mother back - her new growth is 3 for a few. It’s a pain in the ass to clone too. Very woody.

2 Likes

Looks like Banana OG has OG Kush in it. The Cherry Kush does also.

1 Like

I just ran a Texas Butter. It had 3’s until
4th node then went 5 -7 and a few 9’s. It was pretty normal. It did herm. Normal other than that! :joy: mid flower it smelled of banana candy almost like banana runts. Late flower and at harvest she smelled like green bananas and earth. The cure brought out almost rotten banana. Definitely older and bruised. One of my better smokes from green point. Definitely stardawg dominant like most of its crosses but a smoother hit and a decent indica high.
Here’s a nug!

11 Likes

i was at mom’s house yesterday and my cousin had a small plant sitting on the front porch that had about four nodes and all the leaves were three leaved. i should have taken a picture of it, but i made him put it on the back porch where nobody could see it. idiot, well, he is only 21…

1 Like

Has anyone had something like this happen? Is it a waste of time or do these actually un-fuck themselves? I mean it’s healthy, but not normal. This was first day out of the shell. Wolfpack Selections. Thanks!!

3 Likes

That’s neat man

1 Like

ive had that a couple times. i could only find one picture from above tho - they look cooler from underneath.

in my case they keep growing in threes. plants have been normal otherwise and the female one i flowered and it was a healthy good quality plant. the other was a male that grew quite well.

4 Likes

Would you run that Texas Butter again?

I gave up all my other greenpoint genetics, but held onto that because I heard it was nice smoke.

3 Likes

I missed this post from you, sorry, must’ve been nooobin it still.

I got 0 banana smell the girl I grew on plant and now cured in the jar. It smells ok nothing to write home about, smooth smoke. Nice structure and a strong plant, no herm issues. I just crossed it with another banana strain that should bring out the fruits hopefully :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thank you! Appreciate the feedback.

So it’s a triploid or something?

If I didn’t have 18 million other seeds, a grudge against GreenPoint and a house full of clones… sure. :joy: The smoke was pretty decent and apparently everything I’ve ever run from them herming is a me or my environment thing and is to be expected at this point. So, I’d run it again… in theory. I’ve run quite a few GP strains and they were mostly all decent smoke. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I think scientific term is distichous phyllotaxis.

Its left of the coffee cup 2nd row.

This one looked normal as a seedling but threw 3 nodes.

3 Likes

RFK Jr haze.

I had one last year, from IllEagleBirdSeed ,Tropicana Cookies x Herijuana x Cherry West BC.

2 Likes

Which is the 2nd one from right(coffee cup) in the 1st row? Already showing 5 bladed leaves, looking nice

1 Like

Well spotted you’ve a sharp eye on you, It’s coastal blueberry.

1 Like

Check out this 1! A.Gold xross!, I think i count 5 cotyledons!

5 Likes