What to cross with OG shoreline?

Bro i know the Texas Shoreline you are talking about. That shit reeks. A gram smells like you have a lb. I’ve been looking for that cut since 09’. I first saw it coming around heavy in the Houston area around 2007. At a point, it was all I could find. Where’s that shoreline?!?!

4 Likes

I’ve been growing Shoreline Genetics’ original Shoreline x Deadhead OG selection/cut for years and I still love it. It’s got burned rubber tires, skunk, leather, coffee terps with just a slight hint of gas and maybe citrus. It’s excellent.

I would trade a few different things for the original cut. I have been curious how it compares. I am originally from Texas also but not Houston and that stuff never made it to our area, AFAIK.

6 Likes

Oh, also I’ve grown a lot of other Shoreline gear and the Sour D is excellent and stinky, but it is a lot different than The Weasel’s original Sour Diesel cut I acquired this year.

I have tried a few different Shoreline BXs and I’m starting to wonder if that original cut is just finicky to reverse and maintain the same expression. I’ve heard good reports back from others on the Texas Roadkill, but I think that is a hybrid.

5 Likes

Plz lmk if you ever make some seeds outta that bad girl!

1 Like

Thats the thing about phenos; environments play a drastic role on the expression. I’ve found that usually, when I pop a seed, the first run is always ok, but the 2nd and 3rd clones from that baby just keep getting better and better. I think they adapt to the environment

5 Likes

I made some F1’s with a White Widow / ON Haze male I selected from Authentic Genetics / Todd McCormick. I haven’t tested the Shoreline cross yet, but the Tahoe cross tester performed excellent outdoors in the garden this year. I actually want to make the Shoreline more altitude-resistant because it doesn’t express well in anything but perfect temperatures/environment.

I’m happy to ship cuts wherever.

I hope to hear more about the Shoreline…. Or Texas Roadkill.

1 Like

I am still on the hunt for a suitable staminate parent to breed the Shoreline OG with. I don’t think a haze cross is the best choice for that due to haze’s ability to dominate.

I am also still seeking the original cut too. There are multiple cuts called the same thing.

2 Likes

I will pull up a chair. Empty bag in hand. Lol

1 Like

I have two packs of these, along with all the other Durand Line 2020 selections.

I want to get to a point where I can do an open pollination run with most/all of those. I think they would be excellent breeding material. The carrion/rotten flesh/death smells probably go right along with what I’m interested in from the Shoreline.

I am interested in how these turned out for you and if you still like/have the Trinity.

2 Likes

Now we talking. Good luck.

2 Likes

I am testing two different clones purporting to be Texas Shoreline, with a third on the way hopefully in a month or two directly from Houston.

The first is the Cloney Soprano Shoreline cut I got from someone as a gift (very generous).

The second is what I’m calling the Mammoth Shoreline or Sensi Shoreline because the person I got it from suspected it was an old Sensi strain. It is supposed to have come from the Mammoth Microbes founder originally.

The Cloney is at 2 weeks flower with the Mammoth at about 1 week. The Mammoth Shoreline shows some variegation somewhat when the plant gets rootbound.

The Cloney is kinda jurassic looking, it is interesting.

Too soon to gauge any terps and they are also flowering in a room with Chemdogs, Diesels, Bubbas, OGs, and other stuff I got going so we’ll see how funky they can get.

I am really keen to test the one coming from the Houston area also.

3 Likes

Earlier in the thread someone wasn’t satisfied with the Sour D seeds, sorry about that.
There’s definitely good stuff in the sour d seeds with people finding keepers but we also offer cuts. Some of the skunky/gas strains available as cuttings
Death Star
ECSD
Golden Goat
Motorbreath
Starfighter
I can offer replacements for anyone not finding keepers in a pack of seeds.

5 Likes