Rare Dankness Seeds

Anyone grown out Rare Dankness Seeds?

Photos look impressive,

https://bankofseeds.com/31-rare-dankness-seeds

was thinking of rug burn og or grape ox… beautiful looking ladies!

8 Likes

I saw a cannacribs episode of them on YouTube. super cool to watch . They tour the grow facility and he talks about his crosses and how he got in the game. It’s worth a look . Never grown his stuff but it’s in my future plans to do so

6 Likes

I have grown several of their strains. Scott (moonshine) does great work. Grew his Ghost train haze #9 about 12 years ago, before anyone really knew much about RD. Also grew and bred with Ox- awesome strain, if you like bubbas- super tasty and really relaxing stuff, great medical qualities. Ive also dabbled with Starkiller and 501 og’s, and a few others I cant remember right now.

9 Likes

Attitude has/had Ghost Train Haze #1 back in stock. I am waiting for it atm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve honestly always heard to stay away from them.

Seen quite a few reports of herms and/or low germ rates.

That being said, I’ve also seen some real nice looking plants from them, too.

So… Ymmv? I know there’s at least few here that have grown some out, I never have, but maybe this will help to get more eyes in here :wink:

4 Likes

Always since when ? You do know they won the HT Cannabis cup ? I was there. Like I said Ive grown and bred with several of their strains. Havent had a single herm that I can think of, with maybe the exception of something I grew from bagseed, which I did pop some of. Have heard of other people getting herms, but what breeder has released seeds that are all guaranteed herm free ? I think Bodhi is one of the best out there right now, although I still get herms in his packs occasionally I dont think any less of his breeding skills. Ive seen some of the negative comments on this forum in other threads regarding RD. But just like any other, there are just as many folks that love scotts gear as those who dis it. Just depends on where you look.

8 Likes

Since I first started messing with seeds. Rare Dankness and Barney’s Farm are the two breeders I’ve always been told stay away from for all the same reasons.

I hear ya though. Again, I’ve not ever grown anything from Rare Dankness. Nor Barney’s Farm either, but I’ve seen some fantastic plants, in person, from BF all with zero issues. They actually came out the best plants of the bunch that year and we had plants from a bunch of different breeders.

5 Likes

A buddy ran their Rugburn for the first time about 5 years ago, and it has remained as a staple of one of his longest keepers. Very potent.

9 Likes

I used a Rare Darkness (Grape Ape x Rare Dankness) male to pollinate a Apollo 11g F4 from bodhi seeds. I only grew one female out to test it and it lacked potency somewhat but I’ll give it another chance next time i have the space to do it.

4 Likes

I grew out there DarkShadow Haze. It was frustrating. Nice buds until about week 10 then she starts throwing nanners. All of the plants not just one. My room got pollinated and the bud finished up around week 13 sub pair. Won’t buy from them again.

3 Likes

I ran the ghost 2014 seed stock found
a keeper in the Seeds I threw down.
Never had any herm issues at all I don’t have a pic of her. I did cross her with my shiva plant no relation to shiva skunk or anyone else’s shiva. This is one of the females out of the cross representing ghost more than shiva in looks and terps. :+1:

13 Likes

This is a Dark Ghost Train. It hermie’d but it was MY fault. 1st photo plant I’d grown and a few times I’d have to open the tent 15-30 mins after lights out to water. I learned my lesson. Best bud I’ve grown yet. Very fragrant and narcotic high, even for low THC production due to seed formation. I have 2 more growing now plus a Ghost Train Haze #1. I would recommend them for sure.

5 Likes

how was the Star Killer ?

2 Likes

Scott Reach was my caregiver in Colorado from 2010-2012 when he had a dispensary or two. He helped me with my seizures, pain and PTSD. I got to see the greenhouses and the cup winning cuts.

I also purchased every seed I could when he was stateside. I recommend Rare Dankness seeds. I have Moonshine Haze, Tangerine Trainwreck Haze, and Blue Train Haze going at the moment.

There was a time, I believe, when Rare Dankness was transitioning/thinking of transitioning thier operations from the U.S. to somewhere overseas…this is when there may have been issues. It was a year or two after Colorado went Rec…

Great Genetics from a person I know works very hard and is very passionate.

Here is Some Ghost Train Haze #1 we grew out here.

26 Likes

I do disagree with this statement in 15 years i do exactly the same and have only had a hermie 3 x
I feel if the plants genetics lean towards the hermie it will hermie

Iam retired so I peek in a lot lol :joy:

11 Likes

I agree. It’s not nearly as critical as I used to think. It would need to be some sort of light that is there every day at the same time, like a light on a heater or something inside the tent or a bad light leak.

Hope he wasn’t in Spain…

4 Likes

Excellent post ! On point, I do remember a couple of years after rec passed RD blew up and Scott setup in spain for a while. Thats when those bunk beans were made. Pretty sure he got outta that fairly quickly. This was before they set up the “House of Dankness”. Which is in Denver, and although Im not certain, I believe they still produce seeds at that location. However the last few times I went there, they had no seeds for sale. Was looking for that Leeroy. Swampdonkey used it in a few crosses, says its a staple in his garden. He said he never gets tired of smoking it. Found some on a euro site, they are asking a bill per pack. Havent pulled the trigger yet

3 Likes

The smoke is fantastic ! I would like to give it another run in the garden. I had mites when I tried growing it last, so its hard to pass judgement.

Interesting story behind it. My local rec shop had just gotten in the Rare Dankness prepackaged 1/8th cans in. Scott invented and patented the technology. It uses some inert gas to ensure that the packaging is oxygen free, in theory the smoke does not degrade from the point of cure at which it was packaged.

The shop got in the first cans that RD produced in the new (at that time) House of Dankness facility. The first ones released were Starkiller then 501. The shop was stocked up with the starkiller. I found a single bean in the first can I bought. Being a seednerd, I got excited ! I ended up talking to someone who worked at House of dankness and was told that the first crop in the new ware house hermed due to a light problem. He also told me that each strain was grown in a separate room, therefore the seeds in those cans would be s1’s. I went ahead and bought as many of those cans as I could, hoping for a few more beans. I ended up with about a handfull. That is what I popped.

Yield wasnt what I would hope for, but again, I had mites. Ive also been told by his employees that many of the strains are slower and dont yield huge, however the GTH #9 I grew was definitely a monster ! The Ox was for sure a low yielder, but the quality of smoke is otherworldly.

4 Likes

I’ve never grown RD gear but I used to trim at the dispensary (River rock) they were at before house of dankness, so I seen a lot of their gear up close and personal. Some of the strains they were growing were just meh, but their OGs are fire! Leeroy, scotts, rugburn, and the 501st. The leeroy was their best in my opinion and I would scoop that shit with the quickness.

I knew a couple dudes who grow out their rare darkness and they didn’t like it.

5 Likes

Ok well you guys sold me im ging to pull the trigger on some rug burn and star killer…
Thanks fellas !

5 Likes