What up OG 1st time

Hello everyone. Let’s OG the hell out of this thang.
So, this is my first grow I have been passionate about mj since I can remember. Thank you all in advance.
I am growing Redbud soil. I have 2 Mars Hydro 1000 watts light. I have not giving much nutrients one round of recharge. Co2 and exhaust are next. I have a whole 4 x 8 to play with .

Was recently gifted a tent. I will be getting another light and moving flower out of the tent and using to the tent for veg

I have these planted in redbud soil with 4 hrs of dark
Orange julius

Her sister

Random unknown

Blue Dream

Any feedback would be welcome positive or not. Thanks again , keep it OG.
UPDATE
Hello OG installed an ac unit in the room .

homemade exhuast fan.

Temps are looking good one to get an humidifier.
So I fed ph calmag and recharge.
I topped the biggest one

I also tried my hand and fim on the other 3

Time for a cold one

Keep it og and stay lifted. Cheers

19 Likes

Hello Jhentz and welcome to the world of growing!

So first of all, congratulations on getting past the first steps and having a nice clean enviornment for your babies.

Could you provide some information? What type of soil are you using ? What nutrients, if any, have you been feeding them? Do you have any fans in the room?

The plant on the far right is doing amazingly. You may want to keep her for a mother in the future.

Plant #2 from left to right looks like she could use some Calmag (half a teaspoon per gal would be enough) and maybe some worm castings and bat guano would help add some nitrogyn and color.

Plant#3, looks like nutrient burn. Try flushing for the next 3 feedings to help clear that up.

Plant #4…well…I have no idea, but she needs some help :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work, watch your temps and don’t over water, whatever you do!

Stay Lifted

6 Likes

Lookiing good for the moment, maybe 48% humidity is a bit low and the water basin is a presumably pedestrian system and may attire bugs (this is for the NOT positive requirement :grin:). Will be a pleasure to see them grow … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I am using red bud soil. Recharge nute . Mars hydro 1000 watt x 2 . there is a small fan in the tent and 1 large fan outside. As I have a dedicated room the tent is not closed until I get an exhaust system. I know the rh is low I am looking for my humidifier kids out it up somewhere odd.

5 Likes

Hell yeah, look at you go boy!

Niiiiiice!

3 Likes

I have updated the post a bit hope it helps.

2 Likes

Just read up on the Redbud soil…OMG that stuff sounds awesome, but also advanced. [Redbud Soil article] (https://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/redbud-roots/Content?oid=5440909)

It has a LOT of goodies in it, and almost looks like you don’t need to add anything to it in veg (except maybe some worms)

the only thing I would recommend is adding that half teaspoon of Calmag per gal. and you should see an amazing difference. Keep us posted!

5 Likes

Update getting close I hope

UPDATE
I was given a royal kush plant trying some lst .
This Royal Kush plant is not liking my room. Please help.
Also my fim It looking great

5 Likes

Welcome JHentz…

It looks like you have a nice little set-up ripping there. I am sure this place will find your fancy…Since I have joined (not long ago) I have been met with nothing less than kind, generous people, who don’t slam you, but help you succeed instead. I was surprised a place like this actually existed on the Interwebzzz.

I will be keeping an eye out, for your Blue Dream…I have yet to see one finished off.

Might I add…When you get the second tent ready…Do some research on CMH’s I have seen great results with them in tents before… https://www.maximumyield.com/your-guide-to-ceramic-metal-halide-grow-lights/2/1462

Happy Gardening Buddy!!!

K.

3 Likes

Yep on the cmh and an 1000w hid with an eye hortilux in that 4x8 ipower makes great affordable stuff. I’m running their 600w ballast eye hortilux bulb cost me 200. I bulb a year about 70 bux.

Like @Kobracom420 said. Veg with the chm. Flower with the hid. Keep your mars in your lil tent. Watch your ph and nutrients. If that soil is good for a bit you could burn them. If that happens you can back off ph water and flush. You can go led. It’s your wallet. Watch for tip burn. One was looking crispy.

I had to be told. Don’t let leds fool you. They’ll bleach and burn too. You got it bro. Keep air moving and good exhaust go 6" or better in a 4x8. Check ipower. Great inlines cheap. Non stop running. Wish you well. Great guys, resources here.

1 Like

Hello, everyone keeping.it.og?!
Back again for an update, so have been using biobiz nutes. This is week 5 in flower.

Blue dream

Orange julius 1

Orange julius 2
Royal kush

I have received my seeds from mom . Thank you so much. I have some random stuff in veg. Shout out to Riahgorf for the sweet tooth #4 this will be my new mother for my next grow.

After the I plan on running cackleberry

Smoking on some mimosa this evening.

5 Likes

Hello og update on the harvest

10 Likes

Looks like some frosty looking stuff man, congrats!
Smoke report?!?

2 Likes

Where’s the bud shots? How much did you pull with mars hydro? One pic was 6 weeks of flower. You should have some thick colas.

1 Like

Just picked up your thread did everything turn out then? Read the redbud soil article they made mention of a few additives but not much IMO pots looked extremely dry in the pics if this is a water only soil I’d hold back on the additional nutes . Mulch your top of your pots and sprinkle in a dash of cover crop seeds to round it out living soil should be always moist IMO

Glad to to have ya on OG !

2 Likes

Hello OG ,
Back with a smoke report.
The blue dream is my favorite. My yield was just over a qtr lb with this one. Dense and fruity. Nice heady high. Taste and smell I am so pleased with.

Out of my 2 orange julius plants 1 had 2 oz the other had 1 oz

They both smoke pretty well.

The royal kush plant ended well with 1 oz and has slowly become make favorite of the 4 for day time .

We ended up running the trim through our new trim tray for some nice kief and turning our trim into rso .

Thank you everyone and keep it og
Next batch we have 3 tomahawk and 1 sweetooth#4

Also I have cracked 3 cackle berry beans and have a northern skunk clone in the veg tent.

6 Likes

Hell yeah @Jhentz tearing it up with those Mars Hydro lights.

1 Like

I’m curious as to where the blue dream came from. I have the original clone, the haze leaning pheno. I see alot that are more blueberry leaning. Yours looks to be heavier on the blueberry and I was just wondering if it’s from seed or clone ?

2 Likes

This was a bag seed.