Whats a nice 80"+ tall tent?

“Overgrowin” a tent and lookin for some more height. Seems like a ton of options at that height, leanin towards SpiderFarmer 48x48x80 but curious what people suggest.

Thanks and happy holidays, shoutout to everyone “going on a walk” with select members of their family lmfao

4 Likes

I just bought the 4x4 Spider Farmer because I like my Spider Farmer 5x5 tent so much. I haven’t set it up yet but the 5x5 is really stout, has super thick fabric compared to my cheaper tents and nice zippers.

4 Likes

Try this brand. I have the 4x8x8 it’s dope. Comparable to gorilla… Ultra Yield Grow Tent - 1680D Mylar Professional Indoor Growing Tents - Use for Hydroponics Growing System (5’ x 5’)

https://a.co/d/2JAmiCr

1 Like

Add ac infinity to your list if you haven’t given them a look yet.

I have a spider farm and gorilla tent if you have any questions, but they are both solid.

I think gorilla tents & similar brands are the tallest though if that is a priority.

1 Like

My advice is to buy once, cry once. Go gorilla if your able.

7 Likes

Wizdom I hear you on that. Do you have experience with the riser add ons to go super tall? I worried they were gimicky/mess with the functional integrity.

This plant doesn’t need it, but the ability to use the tent on a tall tall sativa run in the future is enticing.

The add on is very stout, doesn’t change the integrity of the tent at all.

4 Likes

I have 1’ height extensions for both of my Gorilla’s. To be honest it can be a pita to adjust light IF your plants are trellused in.

I have to use a step ladder outside, get myself inside and reach the hangers. This is not easy to do, I tend to want to fall onto the plants as I’m leaning in so far.

Not an issue if your able to pull plants from the front half to allow you partly in.

Now, if the extension was designed where you can unzip you could reach in. But the zipper ends are around the back side.

Hope that made sense…

6 Likes

Ya it’s huge. I set it up with the extension, then took it out :joy:. But it’s :muscle:.

3 Likes

My gorilla lite tent that is 2x4x7 feet. If you put the ventilation on the outside then you can get good height in there.

1 Like

Gorilla tents don’t make sense. The seem/zipper for the extensions are on the back… Unless I’m that retarded that I it took them all apart 3 times and still don’t know what I’m doing. Elbow high access to 9 ft tents with raise floors. Nice I fucking love it.

2 Likes

That’s what we’re looking at! $129, shipped, on eBay. Or best offer. For the 4x8x8 one. I wonder if there’s a separate zipper at the top, on the front for light hanger access? It’s a good one though?

2 Likes

I have a 4x8 , 4x4 and a shared 8x8 gorilla, they are the best especially if height is needed, my 4x4 is now 7 years old, other than wear and tear/discolouration on the spill tray it looks like the day I bought it, I even moved with it once too.

1 Like

The 8x8 also has 2 add ons for height and is still as sturdy as with none. 4x4 has one extension and is the same, plus their accessories are great too :wink:

1 Like

You can do A lot more with a little height. I can only fit an 80” in my garage.

But we do what we do

5 Likes

Thanks all, I ended up pulling the trigger on a 4x4 classic gorilla. Will post some pics when shes all set up this weekend, the offending plant is actually of OG lineage. Seeds from Greg OG form the charity auction, anscestral skunk X turkish hash plant.

6 Likes

Good choices. Made.

And happy to see some OG going to bigger tents.

Makes for a nice grow. And the room to tend to the plants

2 Likes

Update:

Gorilla Tent was a bad choice for me. Just extra tall enough so my wife totally hates. Just extra “tough” enough that it’s annoying to use. Feels like the “yeti cooler” of grow tents.

The extra thick walls and weird ceiling: whats the point if there are five 12" ports that don’t wanna seal all the way? Stuck with it due to mail order and timing (leaving on a trip).

That it was so expensive, about double the cost of what I was considering, is really rubbing salt in the wound. I would have been way better suited with another tent here. Again, the “yeti cooler” feeling really sums it up - I’m sure that it’s wicked good in lab tests but in my opinion “overbuilt” just means built wrong. Worst procurement decision of 2023 for me.

3 Likes

I feel ya on that review. I like mine but if this is a tent that needs to be taken apart and moved often it’s going to be a pita.

1 Like

Give it a minute, you just got it :wink: It will break in a little bit, and be more ‘flexible’. And you may appreciate it’s tuffness years down the road.

I hear you on the big ports, but jam a 600w mh in there blazing for 18-20 hours, and see how much air flow you may need:)

Good luck with it, and the plants you put in it.

2 Likes