Grow Tent Suggestions

I want to get a good quality 2’x4’ grow tent any suggestions? My plan, to start, would be a diy led light at 3500k. Thanks in advance. :v:

5 Likes

Ipower I own 5 of them now 4 years old.
Price, white anodized metal poles and corners.
Hvyduty zipper
Hard to beat

7 Likes

I like my Mars 2x4. Bonus it is 6’ tall

3 Likes

Taller the better, I am not height limited.

3 Likes

@OleReynard and @Foreigner thanks for the information!

4 Likes

Well depending on how valuable height is to you, gorilla lite has a vertical extension. You pay a premium but i like to grow sativas and 96” of vert is super helpful.

3 Likes

Dont get the planthouse brand. Zippers have gone off track and there are light leaks at the seams.

2 Likes

I do like that the Gorilla Lite is almost 80” versus most others are 60”.

4 Likes

I just bought a Gorilla regular in that same size. Also bought one of the ipower ones @OleReynard recommends. The gorilla is nice, but overall I am a bit disappointed for the price. The cinchs feel cheap, and the zipper system leaves a couple of gaps that bother me. No light leaks but, still for that price, everything should be ultra premium. The ipower ones are totally decent. I like the layout, but they are not very tall. As long as you take that into consideration with your strains and lighting, etc, youll be fine. Motz gets over a lb out of those little ipower jammies ! The Secret Jardin ones are awesome. Not cheap but I love how they are made. They get my vote for quality vs. price

4 Likes

Until you mentioned it, I hadn’t factored in the light and loss of vertical height for a given light setup.

1 Like

Agree with everything. If height weren’t as important to me, I’d get a different tent. I don’t feel the quality is commensurate with the price on the gorilla lites. I also have a secret jardin in a small 2x2 and I’d say that is my highest quality tent. But it’s also short af. I have a “finnhomy” 4x4. It was cheap as shit, but I’ve had zero issues with zippers or any problems with quality.

Edit- but the zipper and the pulls on the gorilla i really like. I do feel like it’ll continue to zip for many years

3 Likes

Reading through the indoor threads, bad zippers and light penetration are big no-no’s for tents. For this size GL is the pricier tent but is taller and you can add another foot for under $30.

3 Likes

I have a small Secret Jardin DP60 (60x40x60cm) for my micro grow and I’m very pleased with it so far. It’s my first so I can’t really compare to others though.

I read finnhorny twice :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I have a gorilla light 4x4. I got it with the 1 ft extension, and this is why I got it. I will be ready for sativas, as I plan to grow some nice ones out, at some point.

I love the way the ceiling rods work. They’re are 4 of them for strength, and other tents I have seen, only have 2. Having said that, the quality isn’t what I expected for sure. I feel like I’m really gonna have to check for light leaks before I flip, especially where the 3 zippers come together on the bottom.

4 Likes

Buy an ice fishing hut, you’ll have a multi purpose tent then.

2 Likes

Texas is definitely known for it’s ice fishing. Haha.

2 Likes

Might look funny in my bathroom! :joy:

1 Like

ah throw a 5gal bucket with a garbage bag in it, be just like home.

2 Likes

Unitfarm 2x4 is 72" high and has flaps to cover the zippers. It is a pretty good Gorilla Knockoff…fabric and all. Mine has been great so far, and I needed the height. Also have a gifted Mars 3x3 and it can’t compare.

They were sold out on the Unitfarm site, but Ebay US has them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unit-Farm-UFG-Grow-Tent-Reflective-Mylar-Waterproof-Indoor-Plant-Hydroponic/123073223849?hash=item1ca7bc5ca9:g:x70AAOSwcOFaOpW1

1 Like

After using secret Jardins for years , when the time came last year to replace them I went with fusion tents. I have a 6 x 4 for veg and a 5 x 10 for flowering.
I have been very happy and even a bit surprised at the quality for the price. They are a really great tent without the price tag of others.

1 Like