What's the optimum pH for end-of-flower in coco substrate?

Hey OGs!
As the title states, I was wondering what the optimum pH during the last weeks of flower is when using coco as substrate?
With all the differing nutrient uptake charts out there I wanted to hear your personal experiences as I suck at chemistry and don’t really know what I’m doing.
Currently I’m in week 8 and still feeding the ladies an extremely light solution of Canna Coco A+B (EC 0.9), adjusted to ~6.2 pH. Once I run out of solution I am going to feed pH adjusted tap water for another week and then it’s harvest time.

1 Like

6.0-6.5 pretty standard for soilless. Forget the charts, IDK who makes those but they’re unnecessary.
Read the plants instead.

Darker “crispy” growth with little burn holes and clawing leaves is symptomatic of high pH.
Chartreuse yellowish growth and darker stems/petioles/veins is low pH.

There is no need or benefit to “flush” with plain water especially if you’re running low strength solutions. All it’s doing is costing a small bit of yield.

If you’ve got happy plants and big smelly buds you’re happy with, learning the chemistry behind it isn’t terribly important, unless you’re just curious.

14 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Curiosity definitely plays a role in me asking :wink:
The reason i asked was because i had this idea hit me that a certain pH range might be beneficial to reduce n uptake to a minimum towards the end while still providing some p and k.
Is my idea realistic?
cheers

1 Like

Some folks like to let it drift towards the higher end towards the end of flower, but I don’t think that’s necessary or beneficial. Standard range is fine.

Regular flowering nutrients to the end is just fine. The plant will naturally start drinking less water and nutrients toward the end anyway. Plants that are “well done” barely drink at all.

Trust me I know the desire to make endless tweaks to optimize growth is strong haha I feel that too but just stick to the fundamentals and what works and you’ll grow great bud every time.

Many of the “superfine details” really only come into play when you’re maximizing growth…CO2, active hydroponics, perfect VPD, climate control, automated dosing…that sort of thing. There’s plateaus.

11 Likes

Hi do you only use a and b or also cannazym, rhizonic, pk and so on?

a+b and a bit of pk13/14 plus metrop enzymes because I’m reusing my coco.

Sorry war breit du du alter nachbar :shushing_face:
Sei vorsichtig einen mod des Nachbar forums hab ich identifizieren können dadurch.

Und das reicht dir also a und b?
Dann ist das vielleicht doch eine Alternative zu h3ad formula

I dont have any comparisons i can make, the head-formula might perform better - I wouldn’t know. But sticking to a+b works fine and my big canisters are going to last me a
while before i try something else.
IMO the additives aren’t worth their price, especially when you do daily automated interval feeding it really adds up.

1 Like

Hmmm bei bushplanet gibt’s 35% bin da überlegen was ich kaufen soll hätte sogar noch ein halb volles Programm von Canna… Aber die zusätze sind ja mal richtig böse

Gonna post this in German:
Mein Tipp bei Düngern: schau mal auf meingartencenter24.de. Klingt blöd aber die haben damals mit Abstand die günstigsten Preise für das Canna-Zeugs gehabt, selbst im vergleich zu Aktionen bei Growshops.
Die Zusätze sind sicherlich nicht verkeht, nur das P/L-Verhältnis stimmt nicht. Den Boost kanst du mit Schachtelhalmextrakt ersetzten, wenn du meinst dass es notwendig ist. Rhizo ist ganz nett für die erste Woche mit Stecklingen, aber da warte ich lieber ein paar Tage mehr bis zur Bewurzelung als teure Fläschchen zu kaufen und das Cannazym ist auch nicht notwendig, gerade wenn man das Substrat nicht wiederverwendet. Die Enzyme sind auch nichts besodneres, als Rohrreiniger oder Teichfilter werden die konzentriert zu einem Bruchteil des Preises verkauft.

Die Realität für uns Homegrower sieht allgemein so aus, dass unser Flaschenhals wo ganz anders liegt als bei irgendwelchen Zusätzen und in der Landwirtschaft siehst du auch niemanden tausend Fläschchen mit irgendwelchen exotischen Kräuterextrakten zusammenmischen.

1 Like

Ja ich frage mich aber immer ob die nicht gezielt sachen aufteilen die nötig sind um mehr Produkte zu verkaufen… Aber am ende eh alles Blödsinn out waren die besten erbenisse mit Erde von einem alten miest Haufen da hat dann auch der batmix nicht mithalten können

I run my outdoor in coco at 6.5 all the way through.

1 Like