Where would you start with a test breeding project?

I will pull this off next run, I’m taking clones early! I will pollinate a plant and make an S1 and some F2’s from a reversed clone in the same grow…

1 Like

I probably start…

Granddaddy Purple F2
GG4 x Monster Cookies
Face Off BX2 x Blueberry BX2

Yup, them three to start!

How much space do you have available for your grow?

Alaskagrown

3 Likes

Take first clone by topping at week 3, (21 days), 2.5 weeks to root (38 days), 3 weeks for reversal (59 days) 3 weeks to pollen (80 days) seeds at 122 days? As long as I stunt them and they run long I can do it :joy:

Maybe I can start STS then clone?

1 Like

2x4, 5x5, 4x8 plus plenty of space for seedlings before they get smelly

2 Likes

I’ve already started jammy dodgers and 12 of your blueberry, one I accidentally ripped the head off trying to unravel him :cry: one didn’t pop, one got culled.

2 Likes

I was considering keeping the 5x5 lower light and for strictly breeding. The 8x4 for autos and overflow. 2x4 for drying until a month into harvest and then for whatever

2 Likes

Nice, that’s a bunch of space to use!!

If the tents are in the same room be careful of cross contamination with the pollen…stuff gets everywhere! Lol

Is your main goal to make reproduction’s of these, hybrid’s of them, or both? If you find a stellar male I’d probably hit up all the keeper females you find!

Alaskagrown

Both.

Any tent with pollen will be 50 feet away in another room, with proper filtration… Any cheap ways to go about that?

I will hit every girl that makes the cut to flower with pollen.

Then I start digging in 100 beans at a time to each, BX, polyhybrid and F1 I came up with. Hopefully with some help from folks here

1 Like

Do you guys think a 6x54w T5 would be a good light for the 5x5? Has top notch reflectors. I could also do a 100w or 200w Samsung led panel

I think you will need more light. A lot more

@Foreigner Even if I’m trying to keep them small?

I actually have a 400w led that’s supposed to cover 6x6 and was bought for that tent. But I’m afraid it might be too much

Yeah. With both the t5s and the 200 watt led you’re only looking at 20w per sq/ft.

My last grow was 4 2ft plants at 25w per square/ft of high quality leds.

I don’t know the efficiency of t5s off the top of my head but it’s gotta be lower.

30w per sq/ft is the rule of thumb for high quality leds

1 Like

My big light is 300w and it covers a 2x4 space.

The 400w is small for a 6x6. You’re looking at 11w per square/ft on that one.

you are lucky to have those Blueberry BX crosses :fire: - very few of those went out
good luck with your grow and your projects

3 Likes

Thanks my friend, looking forward to growing your beans in my first photo grow! If you have any pointers on how to handle the boys and girls, let me know :crazy_face:

after you got control of the basics the most important and the most difficult is what is called LITFA (leave it the fuck alone) - it’s a weed - let it grow

3 Likes

I was trying to see how efficiently I could run this last grow. Started with 400w of LED for 12 plants in the 4x8, then upped it to 600w mid veg, then 800w through flower. Everything finished quickly and will yield well save for the two runts I allowed to survive :joy:

I hear you! I’m a fan of KISS as well. Made it through my first hydro grow successfully with multiple strains and sizes of plants in different stages with no reservoir changes, and nothing other than flora trio. I think I made my own microbes and whatever it is everyone dumps in their water :joy:

1 Like

I’m anti airstone too, I’ve got a brushless pump that can do 2500 GPH with head pressure, why do I need to mess around with air stones and air pumps. Bubbles are for people with small… pumps! :joy:

Almost every Dosido cross I’ve smoked has been on the earthy/savory side, I really enjoy them. Orange grove that I tried was a nice savory orange, kinda reminded me of the way the orange peels smell in orange chicken sauce (one that’s not to sweet).

1 Like