Which tent to buy

Whats up growers! So interested in starting my own grow. Have been reading into it. Found some good info to start with. Im looking to get a tent and i keep running into gorilla. Does gorilla come with anything or is it just a tent? Looking at the 3x3. No other info to offer other than any suggestions you guys may make.

14 Likes

Unless it is stated in there ad it will just be a tent. You can try looking on sites like Amazon or eBay and see if you can find a package deal from a third party. But if your going to Gorillas web site it will just be the tent.

5 Likes

Howdy @Kidcia, hey, head on over to the Introduce Yourself @OG thread and let everyone know you’re here.

And, when you’re not overwhelmed with weed talk, check out the New to OG? thread in the FAQ. It has the tips and tricks, Terms of Service, and a lot of stuff to get you up to speed on our site.

Enjoy! peace

6 Likes

@Kidcia these guys have some kits with gorilla tents

5 Likes

Got it. Thanks guys. So I’ll have some more looking to do.

4 Likes

I bought one of these 4x4x6’7" 79 inches main reasons, quality and the whole front opens with two sides, and you can get another extension on the top
Buy Gorilla Grow Tent Lite Line 4′ x 4′ — LED Grow Lights Depot

1 Like

I have an ultra yield 4x8 with the 12in extension for up top. It’s been lasting a hell of a while. Many runs. Seems to be decent. I like it.
Also I run a 3x3 mars hydro tent. It’s nice too. My ultra yield is way better quality I would say. When I went to purchase a gorilla grow tent they were back ordered, needless to say I bought something else.

4 Likes

I have 3 from 3 different manufacturers, they’re all fine. My ac infinity 4x4 has the sturdiest canvas but it’s door layout is not great, my cool grows 8x4 I like the best, easy access from both long sides, and a generic 2x4 which is perfectly serviceable. All of them pretty inexpensive. You could probably find a perfectly fine 3x3 for <$100. Wouldn’t splurge on the gorilla tent unless you absolutely need that height extension.

6 Likes

I appreciate the answer and honest opinion. I just keep running into it. And I guess it’ll be something to move up to. But I will consider this and shop around.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will look into it. Im trying to make the most reasonable purchase and not kill myself trying.

4 Likes

I have a no name tent. It is what it is… cheap, had to futz with the zipper after a while to get it to catch again, and the zipper seam does leak some light. But it suits my grow as it’s in a closet so the perfect seal isn’t a huge deal, it’s the exact right height, and has ports in all the right spots for ducting in the closet (tight fit). If I could use a taller tent and wasn’t in a closet, I’d get something fancy like a gorilla tent for sure, but I think taking the circumstances of your grow into account will lead you to the exact right tent :smiley:

3 Likes

I have like a dozen tents or more. Most no longer work , with broken zippers and other light leak issues.
Never buying a cheap tent again. I grow in a big Gorilla tent with added height deal, extension or whatever. That one is 6 or 7 years old, many runs in it. Was stupid expensive but super worth it. Fabric is like bulletproof kevlar, lol, zippers just WORK, entry everywehere , great ports and inspection windows. Was a great buy looking back now. Not sure they still use this heavy cover or not, but if so, way i would go.

I got a free 4x4 A/C Infinity tent when i bought a used Rosin Press recently. Way better than my cheap tents, “decent” fabric, great ports, fair zippers. Poor entry however. Not even in the same league as the Gorilla, but it is like a 150 or 200 buck tent. For the $$ it is a decent buy. Vivosun looks good, but fabrics and zipper pretty suck in my opinion.

Buy a cheap tent, gotta buy another not too far down the road.

JMHO

12 Likes

I agree I’ve got a 3x3 seedling tent gorilla brand well made and never had a issue with zippers . Well worth buying a quality tent VS a cheap China one.

5 Likes

It just so happens I’m a ac infinity dealer… Just a fyi

8 Likes

Another quality tent to consider.

2 Likes

Im trying to see what pricing im looking at. Im quite fond of go hard or go home. Just trying to play it a little safe. Always hated buying something to replace it. Had enough cars with that situation.

2 Likes

Do you have a website? I was just looking at the systems they have. Im trying to get as close to an all in one purchase. Trying to see the prices and decide if I can do it right now.

1 Like

I went with gorilla as well I habe 2-4x4 tents and just. Light a spider farmer 2x4 tent will see how it holds up but so far the spider farmer I am liking. Heard good things about ac infinity as well, but decided to try spider farmer since ther had a sale and was in my price range. Gorilla is for me you pay for what you get that’s what they say!

3 Likes

Like i said if i was looking to spend 200 or less on a 4x4 id certainly consider the A/C . Porting is excellent, fabric fine, i like more entry into my tents however as i jam them and need to get into the back/sides.

Like it’s features and the port for electronics to go in and attach to on outside of tent, great idea

2 Likes

I have a 2x4 tent by apollo, used it steady for 3 or 4years or so now and not a single issue with it. No light leaks or zipper issues.

2 Likes