Ac infinity vs mars hydro tent suggestion

Phase two, unfortunately my cellar is too convenient a location to grow in vs other options with more space. I’m stuck with going for another 2x4 tent, max height of 6’. Looking at either an AC infinity or Mars Hydro tent - basically the same price. Does anyone have anything great or terrible to share about either option?

6 Likes

If they’re the same price then I’d say the ac infinity :thinking: otherwise id just cheap out and get the marshydro if it was significantly cheaper. The ac is nice tho. I have a 3x3x7 from them that’s seen one run so far. Zippers are good quality, have fabric backing on them to stop light leaks. Has a couple “features” that are nice if you use their controller fans and whatnot but not a big deal really. I like the tent, just don’t think it was twice as good as the tent I paid half as much for :thinking:

9 Likes

I have both ac infinity and mars hydro tents and also owned a gorilla grow in the past. All three are good quality and have little drawbacks or advantages to each other. I like the ac infinity storage bag that hangs in the tent and how all the ac infinity controllers fit nicely.
Mars hydro is also great quality for my flower tent, no light leaks. Gorilla grow was the sturdiest of the three and had a nice height extension option. Once I choose a good quality tent then I decide based on dimensions and size- all three brand tents have different dimension options.

2 Likes

If you havent watched yet, Migro covered this recently:

Pretty quick, solid reviews/side by sides. Getting towards the same kinda choice myself.
Hope that helps
Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

11 Likes

I have 4 ACinfinity tents. I like them all. They have really improved their tents within the last year as well as compared to my tents that are a few years older. Much better zippers. Zipper covers. Better vent hole placements(on the bigger tents). Also works extremely well obviously if you’re using their cloudline fans.

Great customer service as well. I’ve had nothing but good experiences.

My Gorilla on the other hand… for the price the ACinfinity kicks its ass. I treat my stuff well but the fact I have threads coming undone and pinholes in the material itself really bugs me as I could have bought two AC’s for the price of the one Gorilla.

Zero experience with Mars but I do know people have had great luck with them but never cared for the look of their tents. I’m a visual dude so when I don’t like the way it looks I don’t buy it. lol

7 Likes

Ac by far!

3 Likes

There’s a lot of other brands. I’d shop around and check Facebook marketplace. YouTube is also a awesome research tool. Talking to hydro store employees ect. There’s like constantly live streaming on YouTube from other growers like untrained astronuat, Mr growit, canunks, pigeons420, green goblin, rob from cannabis lifestyle, the stash podcast, highigan, lots to watch and learn.

I would’ve picked either one except for the gorilla tent, I don’t like the door set up and imo they’re over priced.

I was surprised to see Vivosun beats the gorilla tent for light reflectance by a considerable margin considering the price difference.

Definitely the ac infinity.
I’d not give marshydro a single penny of my hard earned cash.

2 Likes

I have two Gorilla’s, one original and one lite line. The original seems bombproof, the lite line the stitching and Velcro have seen better days.

Recently bought an AC Infinity from forum member @Ris and couldn’t be happier. Seems to par with the Gorilla Original line… at half the cost. I am impressed with ACI’s offerings and how they seem to be one upping their competition.

Reach out to Ris… you wont regret it.

I just bought an ac 5×5 and the quality is top notch. Seriously couldnt be happer. I figured while i was at it, i needed a light upgrade so just bought an ac ionframe 10 and once again. Blown away by the quality. I am officially team AC infinity for life, but i will say, their bud trimmers are absolute garbage!!! One run and the pair i bought are both dull and warped. The QC dept must of been blasted the day they passed these through.

4 Likes

On that note…I’ve never seen a trimmer that works well. I worked with a company for almost two years trying to figure out a better auto trimmer and it resulted in almost nothing.

1 Like

LoL i would never use an auto trimmer!!! Thats blasphemy lol. Ive always used fiskars with great luck, but figured since everything else ive gotten from ac was amazing quality, their scissors would be no different. I was wrong. Complete junk!!!

3 Likes

So I went VIVOSUN, naturally, since I was trying to decide between ac infinity and mars hydro.

I didn’t realize they had the 6’ option for a 2x4. I currently have a 5’ 2x4 “complete kit” and really like all of it. Even cheaper, as well as accessories. Going with the migro 250w though from what I understand seeing other grows and par maps it’s top tier at a reasonable price for a 2x4 tent. Not a huge fan of my vivosun 200w aero light. Migro says it’s compatible with the vivosun controller and I already am using that for my other tent. Keeping it simple.

Thanks everyone for giving me advice and input that I took and went in a different direction with anyway :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Worked for a Cleveland company that would toss everything through an auto trimmer and then hand it to their $11/hr interns and employees to “finely hand trim”. it was amazing if a nug over 1.5g made it out alive.

Sorry to detract, I think either tent brand will do you well. I’ve traditionally gone for cheapo tents and outside of the seams showing light, they’ve worked fairly well. Haven’t had any light leak herm issues yet.

1 Like

Ahhh, the good ole mobious bud destroyer as i used to call it. I worked for Verano for a bit. Place was a joke.

I have both gorilla and ac infinity tents. For the money, I like the ac infinity better—less reliant on Velcro, which tends to have a more finite life expectancy than zippers.

FWIW I saw Gorilla revised their small tents (2x4, 3x3, and I think 4x4). The new ones look an awful lot like ac infinity tents. Wonder if they adjusted the pricing to be closer to ac infinity too. :thinking:

My first tent was a Mars 2x2. I still use it for my mom plants. While it has “lasted” a long ass time I probably wouldn’t suggest them.

I also bought a 4x4 Apollo tent. The zipper was much much better but the overall build quality still sucks.

No doubt tent construction materials have gotten much better so my opinion is probably out dated.

Nonetheless, I’ve made it best practice to tape all the seams of my tents with the reflective HVAC tape. I forget where but somewhere on these boards someone had mention liquid tape. I’ve never seen it before but I bet that would be awesome as well!

Sorry that didn’t answer your question but I do own a lot of AC Infinity stuff. It’s all been high quality (except that old terribad 6" oscillating fan". The have some VERY VERY good customer service though. They replaced my fan a year later no questions AND told me to keep the old one. It still works but does not oscillate. IF I had to choose on customer service alone, AC infinity is hand down and by far better in that department. They’re in California. You can call during regular business hours and talk to a human. AC is a good company I believe.

AC infinity gets my vault. I won’t go whenever anything because it’s already been touched by everybody else. But top notch for sure.

I have an ac infinity, marshydro, and multiple vivosuns. I can tell you rating worst to best its vivosun #3 marshydro #2 and ac infinity #1. I rate them like this because ac infinity is just undoubtedly the thickest and best built for the money and you can’t see thru any corner stitching or flaps. The marshydro while it is thicker than the vivosun and better than it x10 it still shows stitching at the corners showing thru some light and their flaps don’t close as well as the ac infinity tent (ac infinity flaps are NOT removable but have velcro on the side still) and shine dome light thru. The vivosun. I don’t even know where to start with those tents the pole size is much smaller in comparison to even the 2.5x2.5 and they aren’t very sturdy. They can bend easily while the marshydro and ac infinity are far better. If you have the money the best bang for you buck in my opinion will be the ac infinity if you have the height available for it because the build quality is much better than marshydro

2 Likes