White flowers coming out of bud

Little white flowers coming out of the one bud… anyone know what this is?

2 Likes

the albino bud syndrome is caused by light burn from the LED’s. You should move the light higher up if that’s possible. The buds will be fine for consumption though

6 Likes

really hard to see whats going on with that lighting , not really sure what i’m looking at, sorry for that !

Hmmm I never knew that was a thing. The light is a good distance away 18-20” and there are buds that are closer. Thanks for letting me know it’s still good. Just started flushing today

The taco shaped leaves are a pretty good indicator of heat stress. What are the room temps? Can you measure temp at the top?

I’d raise those lights up another foot to see if that helps, going higher or lower depending on how the plant reacts.

1 Like

The light is maxed out in the 7’ ceiling of the closet…
I have temps controlled to mimic fall as I plan on chopping early next week.

1 Like

Temps don’t look bad but that light looks incredibly close to the tops. You said the light is 7" from the ceiling and 18-20" from the plant – but that pic makes it look like it’s much closer to the plant then it is the ceiling.

I’d do one of the following:

• Raise the light
  • Lower the light intensity (does this light have a dimmer?)
  • LST / HST the tops away from the light (only if you had more time before finish)

Since you’re chopping relatively soon your options are limited. I think your best bet would be to adjust those hanging wires and find a way to get a few more inches of height there. Halving those wires would get you quite a bit more room.

I’d also suggest getting that light on some sort of ratchet system for next time. This way you can get the light as close as possible and adjust as the plant grows. I keep my QB’s ~18" from the tops of my plants at all stages of flowering, adjusting sometimes daily as they stretch.

4 Likes

Can’t tell from the pictures. Maybe it’s foxtailing and putting off new calyxes and white pistils?

1 Like
1 Like

Dude raise that light at least 12 inches from buds. Its cooking them. What’s the watt on the blurple @Daddywronglegs ? Maybe a fan?

1 Like

Personally I would either bend the tops over. Bend the tall one about 8 or so inches down and bend the one next to it even. Or, spread them out and tie them off so they aren’t under the most intense part of the light. Are these the same ones from your diary? I’d like to see some more pics under natural light.

I have not had this occur so I don’t really have an opinion either way but there seems to be some sort of demand for those white buds on some sort of connoisseur level. I’ve seen some people rave about it online.

2 Likes

I agree with @Undead-Toker. His training methods are dope AF.

2 Likes

The bud site that’s affected with the white buds is about 18” away from the light. It doesn’t seem that any one the tall colas have this. I’ll take some pics later of the plant under natural light.
Same plant from the diary and I just turned off the veg switch on the light so the intensity won’t be so high… I would if those cons have something to do with the white buds? I know that’s what was causing the leaves to curl…
This is my first grow so I appreciate all the tips and tricks from everyone. @Undead-Toker thanks for the article, it sounds like that’s what “mutation” is. So I will officially name this plant wolverine lol

2 Likes

@SuperiorBuds had this light on a rachett until I maxed that out and had to hook the light directly to the eye hook… hoping my next grow won’t be such a huge plant lol

If it’s just the tall one lean it off to the side and tie it off so it’s more on the outer edge of the light. I remember when that light fell, came back nicely.

Edit You could always just leave it there to sample the hype since it’s just the one.

3 Likes

Posted an update on my other thread

yeah i still don’t really see the bleached tips … if it’s yellow like this then they’re nanners

in your first post it does look like there’s lots of tacoing of the leaves so i’d guess heat or light stress maybe

Get 4 small screw hooks

Stick them into the roof near the corners with the open end pointing away from the center of the room.
Remove the light hangers from the center hook and hang them 1 per hook.

If you can’t get enough height going straight out to hooks you may need to cross them to go to the other corner in such a manner so they can’t unwind and lower the light.

edit so much for view latest…