White powdery mildew, what do I do?

ohhh yah don’t treat the flowering ones, but you can make them into tincture, that should be fine!

1 Like

Edibles? :beers:

1 Like

Definitely! The processing should kill anything alive in there, and eating mildew, I’m sure, isn’t hazardous.

3 Likes

Thanks! Well I’ll have enough gummies to share with the entire neighborhood. Lesson learned. Gotta build this into my IPM protocol and hit the clones now.

1 Like

Thanks again @JoeCrowe ya saved the day!

1 Like

Damn uvc… thats crazy stong… couldn’t you do it with a high end uvb??

1 Like

Probably, I actually have no idea haha.

1 Like

Like a solarcure or ushio…

1 Like

I run 20w UVC/B bulbs 12 hours a day at 285nm and 315nm and am treating powdery mildew as we speak so I’m not certain it cleanses in the way some may think, as I had that assumption after lots of reading as well. (Pic was taken with main lights off to show them working)

6 Likes

Well, hey now. I’ve grown in Joe Pye weed for years and never knew it was a PM factory( my weed is immune). Now that I’m growing landraces, this is some important info for me to learn. Thanks!
Going to check out the sulfur. Have some PM right now. Was going to kill everything, but I’ll try this first.
@JoeCrowe I just ordered micronized sulfur. In 4 months when I’m celebrating the Springtime season, I will be smoking some 1970 Vietnam Black that would otherwise have to be tossed. You can be sure I’ll be thinking of you and your mildew tip. Good one.

3 Likes

@Astrodude what do you recommend for a castings to inert ingredients ratio for a foliar spray?

2 Likes

I saw somewhere that included with your light… hps…led…etc… uvb on for 15 mins and off for 45 while lights on was proven to increase thc and CBD… that’s a pretty important find… but as for pm… I heard several suggestions that were supposedly good . Pure crop 1… some people say it leaves waxy residue… others didn’t have complaint… maybe usage amount difference? The other is dr zymes… and then people swear by sulfur as well…

2 Likes

In veg sulphur rules also great to sterilize your grow room when it’s empty. Do a 2/3 hr burn not much can live through that .

4 Likes

If younger than flowering plants:
I make Bat Guano/Worm Castings tea and hold for up to 3 days.
One tsp each in 1 quart water. Let sit couple hours then strain through coffee filter. Put i gallon container and add 3 more qts water. Spray in evening.

If flowering plants I use molasses, 3 tbspn per gal black strap unsulphered, spray plants and let sit 24-48 hrs, foliar spray/rinse next day. Let it go into soil, it will grow the right kind of mold for you.
The plants will show signs of wilt but it is the heavy nutrient load from molasses.

The way to avoid almost all issues, is KNF or Soil Food Web. I use several bottles of homemade items costing pennies instead of bottles costing dollars. BOG said start with great soil, add wwater and then seed, next, add water, repeat.

3 Likes

Awesome sauce thanks Astro

1 Like

I have been going through a PM thing myself and I didn’t have access to sulpher at the time so I got a bottle of this stuff Captain Jacks Copper soap spray and I used it once and it’s been almost 2 weeks not a spot of PM and holding strong.Not shitting on the Sulpher I swear guys.Was pretty cheap and it didn’t burn not one leaf.That fucking neem oil in the other hand good for soil drench not so good on leaves sometimes.

4 Likes

copper is an excellent anti microbial agent. Some people use the bordeaux mixture which is copper two sulfate.

2 Likes

Rieko X told me an interesting tidbit about the molasses and the nutrient load problem.Add the molasses as a sugar source in your tea brew and it helps put things in order to take away stress from nutrient uptake the microbes pig out in the sugars and chew up that for the plant pretty much and she don’t have to do shit but eat and get fat.I’m going to try it the next airated brew I do

1 Like

I haven’t got a chance to try the Sulpher but this worked for me in a pinch.If any one want to see if it holds true check out Caps Ghost grow or my Skunk Hoedown and if it don’t work you will hear me about it lol

3 Likes

ok! I read all your posts. You dosed them 8 days ago? Which plants visibly had it first, and where did they come from? I’ll definitely keep checking to see if it comes back, I’m super curious about that.

1 Like