White powdery mildew, what do I do?

The sulfur arrived last night and I’ll be giving it a go. I tried a Stronger dose of Neem, to no effect. PM Comes back within a week maximum.
@Astrodude no doubt there are other organic methods that are effective at combating or especially preventing PM and I’ll be using some of those Organic tricks of yours this summer.
That new Woodstock hippie juice looks interesting. Not the first time I’ve heard oregano is good for pot. Also makes a great companion plant.

4 Likes

Very true. I agree with this message from our sponsor. Lol. They don’t like that stuff. I had a friend that would burn lime. He did this in the woods. Killed everything. You could hear the bugs fall out of the trees.

2 Likes

Ready for some irony? The sulfur method is organic, and completely compatible with organic systems. You can totally purchase the organic version, or chemical in the store. I swear it’s the same thing with a different label :wink:

3 Likes

For every kilo of sulfur you buy, the sulfur mines give me 5 cents!!! lol!
Really though, I am doing a good job cutting through the nonsense surrounding the powdery mildew. It’s a beast of mythological proportions. I’ve personally received feedback, where they said that what I posted cut through thousands of pages of bullshit, with the simple truth.

2 Likes

That’s why I don’t have a problem using it. I need to edit my post above . I totally understand how sulfur works, changing the ph of the leafs’ surface and thus killing the spores. Similar to how baking soda and milk work in that regard.
The only downside in my book is that I had to order it.

3 Likes

heh heh check it out, that’s why it works so well. I got some from the grow store also I got some from canadian tire, it’s like a random assortment of crap store.

2 Likes

What happens to buds? Fry the flowers? One plant is 4-6 weeks into flower. I could backtrack if needed. Flowers 18 weeks maybe longer.

2 Likes

The sulfur never comes off so if you spray it on the flowers, they’ll be contaminated. I would only ever spray it on veg plants.

4 Likes

Thats a bummer it never comes off. No wonder it works though.

1 Like

I’ve had good luck up to the second week of flower with no sulphur taste. But I also will spray twice with plain water the following 2 days after the treatment. Any time after that would be a crap shoot to not have a sulphur taste to the buds , I can say week 4 is a no no .

4 Likes

For an 8 week strain…2 weeks is ok? So, 25% into flower, which is where I am roughly . I have 12weeks + to go. I’m going to risk trying it. Will make hash if i have to

2 Likes

I’ve sprayed end of week 2 but I hope I don’t mess up your grow telling you that . I did hose them down with clean water with the lights out and fan dried them after doing the burn.

2 Likes

The F-ed up part is people used to come in here and say that the sulfur treatment doesn’t work. I’ve personally never seen it FAIL. Turns out, people who said the treatment fails, have never actually tried it. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

100% agree you have to try it before you knock it . It’s the only thing I’ve found to totally clear your room of it reappearing . Those 100 dollar bottles of magic elixir are not needed.

3 Likes

lol! I bet people are wondering what is on my fail list eh? Oh… It’s fucking endless. Here goes!

1. Anything related to humidity, up, down, side to side? It doesn’t matter.
  2. Crazy anti fungal systemic shit like triforine.
  3. baking soda
  4. hydrogen peroxide
  5. ultra violet light
  6. Any kind of plant uptake promises like sillica, calcium, pro biotics, and so on.
  7. vinegar
  8. alcohol
  9. air filters
  10. essential oils
  11. water
  12. move to a different house. ← you have to leave the plants behind in order for it to work.
  13. milk
  14. garlic
  15. serenade

VS things I know work:

1. copper 2 sulfate
  2. sulfur

Now people know why I’m so skeptical of their claims.

4 Likes

Everything but vinegar . Natural ph? Good line up. That is a good news. I’m tired @JoeCrowe sorry I’m not picking your brain. I know you like it. Peace my friend.

1 Like

That’s plain wrong.

I can tell you that “crazy anti fungal systemics” do in fact work. Indoors and out. Eagle 20 works particularly well. I’ve still got a bottle I bought for $40 in 2014 and it’s 75% full. Ketoconazole cured my dandruff. Both triazole fungicides. They work whether you want to believe it or not.

There’s a reason they are made and sold to farmers and greenhouse operators. No one uses triforine here, maybe that’s your problem. I’ve never even seen it for sale.

1 Like

good news vernal, you don’t need that shit. You come back to finally apologize? Or… to acknowledge how well sulfur works? Sorry about never responding over the last few months, you needed a time out to get a grip.

2 Likes

I prefer to collect my dandruff and serve it to guests as porridge. Can’t do that with sulphur

hey, you too, are you finally going to perform the experiment that proves powdery mildew spores aren’t everywhere? A few people here on the forums have completed the experiment with the same results as I have.

2 Likes