White slime-

I visited a fellow local grower to drop off some free beans-

He took me around back to his green house, and asked me why his plants look like this-

I’ve personally never seen anything like it. A white slimy looking coating

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

5 Likes

I had one do that to me when I moved it from inside to outside with no acclimation time. Also I think I may have nute burned it also.

4 Likes

I agree it looks sun bleached. The slime could be secondary rot on the dying leaves. Otherwise, I am not sure about it. Scope it?

5 Likes

lack of water or nutrition?

White Powdery Mildew??? May wanna watch it, if it is, can spread to other plants. If confirmed, isolate in a hurry. Hope it isn’t. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Looks like an indoor plant that got burned by the intense spring sun. I live at 6400’ elev. and it happens to plants I take outside to harden.

Are you at a higher elevation than normal?

1 Like

I wonder what the air circulation is in there? Pots on saucers? Humidity levels? Are they overwatering on a compacting medium? I’ve seen something like that long ago now, I can not remember what I did to cause it. Light bleaching may look a bit like that.

Rip the infested leaves and buds off ASAP and lower air humidity. A good preventive trimming on all the other plants probably wouldn’t hurt either. Take them out one by one and check them carefully, get rid of all growth that doesn’t look right. I had to do it a couple of days ago, the weather changed and the entire inside walls of my tent were covered in waterdrops. No bueno.

1 Like

The plants belong to a friend, who put them straight outdoors-

I guess the leaf surface is shiny, not slimy…

I’ve always gradually introduced indoor plants to the sun, but my friend just sat them straight under direct sunshine :sun_with_face:

1 Like

That’s what it is. Especially if he vegged them under T-5s I take mine out every day that I can to save electricity and a couple of the weed plants got the bleached leaves, and my one tomato plant it hit almost every leaf. It’s best to put them in a spot out of the heat of the day until they harden up a bit. Those leaves won’t bounce back, either, but if you take it easy, it’ll get new growth with care.

Maybe I can get a pic of mine…