Anybody care to try and diagnose this thing?

It’s my buddies plant

1 Like

Looks like a PH problem / nutrient lock out

1 Like

Hi @mr_jones15,

I’m seeing what appears to be some light bleaching and possibly some nitrogen toxicity. Are the temperatures reasonable and how close were the lights in early growth?

Why there is bleaching lower on the plant, I have no idea. Any sprays?

2 Likes

Maybe overwater in hot soil.

4 Likes

It is a clone from a larger plant that has well outgrown its bucket I assumed it was possibly some nitrogen toxicity since he gave its original counter part 12 N of miracle gro cringe light bleaching is very possible its a tall lady and was probably at the quantum board before putting up a larger tent and no sprays that I know of possible overwatered he doesn’t give it much just often I believe is there any chance of growing a beautiful healthy plant you guys think?

1 Like

I think it will grow out of it if he focuses on making sure PH is good, and not overwatering. If there is too much Nitrogen, it may take some time for the plant to use it, and grow out of it.

2 Likes

I think it will be just fine. Looks like it was probably rootbound and too close to the lights. I’d go water only for a week, maybe even some kelp… Let her rest for a min, I think she will come back around.

3 Likes

The plant looks like it’s recovering from being overwatered and it also looks like it’s hungry. The pale color appears to be caused by malnutrition/watering issues, rather than light bleaching.

I’d give it a feeding at 3/4 strength and I’d probably add some epsom salts to it, too, especially if it was recently transplanted to aid in root healing and regrowth.

1 Like

I wouldn’t give it any more nutes at this time. I blew up the pic on the PC to get a closer look and if you look at the top grow tip where it’s lime green in the centre that indicates the plant is growing pretty fast in it’s new home and should have some time to settle in. If anything it’s overfed with crap nutes and the leaf damage is a combo of nute burn with light bleaching.

Give it at least a week before doing anything and don’t water until the pot it’s in feels pretty light then saturate it.

She’ll come around.

:peace:

2 Likes

hello, I have a plant with similar characteristics, I believe it is the heat, as @DesertGrown said, the Brazilian spring is very hot. I hope to be understood, the translation is from Google.

2 Likes

Hi Gugumelo, you’re right Arriba|nullxnull, when leaves are tacoing (cupping upwards) they do that to preserve the moisture and don’t dehydrate because of the heat … :sunglasses: