White specs on the plants

hey guys i checked the girls this morn and founf a lot of white specs ! does anyone know what this is??

5 Likes

Check the bottoms of the leaves, there’s almost definitely something tiny munching on your plants.

4 Likes

have you looked on the underside of the leaf?

notice anything where the side branches meet the main stalk?

all the best

Dequilo

4 Likes

Ya I hate to even say it but that looks like mite damage. Get on those bastards ASAP!

3 Likes

Looks like straight up spider mite damage to me. As Dequilo said, check the undersides with a good magnifier, cannot see them with your eye’s, you will see black spots, shit, and lil round light colored ones, eggs.
Hope we are all wrong but doubt it.

6 Likes

I did not even want to say the word mites

I have been working on getting rid of them for a while

they are gone here but they can be a battle

all the best OP

Dequilo

2 Likes

Spider mites you need a microscope to ID them , If you get on them now you will beat them.
Your plants are small enough to do full dips.

4 Likes

Kill them with FIRE!!!

3 Likes

Jay
Here is a whole thread on them

Click on the Green Title Sentence

3 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Could possibly be aphids or thrips also they also will leave similar spots that your plants show.

1 Like

Thankyou everyone greatly appreciated !!! im on them now! i been advised to spray with water/lil dawn soap and gently whipe yhem down and yhen hit them with neem

5 Likes

If you can, cover the soil with a plastic bag or something then give them a good blast in the tub/shower. Really get all sides of the leaves and even work them around a bit with your hands. This will knock the majority off, then you can hit em with the neem spray.

I actually got rid of mites altogether on some smaller plants just by using the tub blast every day for about 2 weeks or so. With the neem backing it up I think you have a good chance! Also be sure to clean your grow space thoroughly while the plants are out of it!

6 Likes

Bringing up an old thread… but its got the perfect title…

I noticed these white specs on multiple leaves and plants. They don’t wipe away. This is as good as my microscope gets

210430_181102

210430_181027

Ideas???

I think I just found spider mites on some cuttings I have on the shelf.

210430_182806

210430_182827

1 Like

Borg time is crucial what do you have on hand?

1 Like

Safers insecticide. Weed Wacker, gas, fire.

I gotta be quick with sprays before I’m too far in flowering. I’m still early in so I should b ok… for now

1 Like