Bug problem? Help!

Hi Guys, I have a bug problem I just noticed. I randomly decided to look up close to one of my leaves and BAM infestation of bugs. I have no idea what they are probably spider mites? Is it to late to save my crop? Should I pack my bags? I have neem oil spray I dunno if that will help. Can anyone identify which bug it is and if its even worth saving the plant?

5 Likes

This should help you out…good luck!

8 Likes

Pics aren’t close-up enough to identify the pest you have there, one thing I can tell you is that isn’t Spider Mites. Too big to be SM. But that MTA ‘one-n-done’ will kill any soft bodied pest on contact. Since it looks like the plant is in veg, you can use ISO alcohol diluted in water/spray bottle and/or Neem oil to hold em down until you can get the ingredients together to knock em out entirely. You should be ok.

6 Likes

To me it looks like broad mites. Possibly aphids, but more like broad mites. Tough to tell in these pics

3 Likes

Very tough, they could be anything, Aphids, white flies, broad mite, etc… get a pic of close up ,please. Not that the ‘type’ is really of any import here, the fact remains that you have something not being nice to your plants! The MTA will knock em out! lol

4 Likes

Those are some big ass mites. Id think neem would help over the course of a few applications

This bulbous looking image makes me think aphids:

Although, they don’t usually craw all over the place and they tend to stay on the plants … unless they are being harvested by ants or something. Needs a better close-up.

4 Likes

I would listen to @CanuckistanPete on this one but whatever you use you need to hit your grow ASAP…

You have them little buggers everywhere!

5 Likes

Do they fly when you shake your plant? Looks like white fly from here and if so you have a massive invasion…

3 Likes

If you just noticed THAT, you need to spend more time in the garden.
Prevention is key. Look into an IPM regimen and stick with it.

3 Likes

Agree looks more like aphids that mites to me

1 Like

Aphids for sure, I farmed aphids for a while :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A good home remedy peppermint soap, neem oil ,rosemary essential oil good for spider might . Or home depot has a good spray

Go to a site call gardenia.net they have a page on how to get rid of 6 kinds of insects

Apparently it works really well. I’ve got it bookmarked in case I ever need it.

Edit…looks like everyone already beat me to it…lol

2 Likes