Who has thinning hair or early stages of baldness?

Anyone have thinning hair? Are there any kind of treatment for hair loss? Btw, I’m not about to go see Sy Sperling…@Shadey you seem to have a wealth of knowledge, I was wondering if you have any insight on this…What kinds of meds or what kind of foods, vitamins to eat/take…

7 Likes

I’m fortunate to still have my hair but my suggestion would be to let it go.

I have a friend with plugs and it just looks silly.

Bald can be beautiful.

9 Likes

Oh believe me, I will not do any of those things…I will sport it out…I’m just wondering if there are certain kinds of food to avoid or certain vitamins to take to at least slow down the process…

3 Likes
2 Likes

My hair thined a bunch but thankfully I still got full coverage, lol. Just one of those things.

2 Likes

I still have full coverage but I’ve noticed that it has been thinning out…I don’t wear hats unless I’m hunting and back in the day it was said that if you always wear a hat u’ll go bald…don’t know if that was true or just a myth.

2 Likes

Seems like a myth. Just look at all the athletes having to wear helmets or hats. I feel balding is all genetics @PhilCuisine

1 Like

propecia is the only solution (finasteride). it may make more important stuff not work well…permanently. a lady dermatologist tried to give me finasteride. uro said don’t do it dude…you can F without hair. you might not be able to F with it. Fing is important…to me at least.

There is another treatment, over the counter or prescription, for antifungal shampoo. that has, i believe, the same chemical as finasteride, but it just goes into the scalp. the over the counter is 1%, and 2 for prescription. that might be a better option. still, i mentioned it to my uro and he said it’s not worth it.

the plugs are dumb and costly. you get a ring of receding hair. if you had non-male pattern baldness it might be a good idea.

there are a couple other options. i knew a fairly wealthy guy that had his own hair grown onto a toupee. it looked good. also, wigs would work. my GF wears all sorts of other people’s hair on her head and it looks real.

3 Likes

Shave it all off.

5 Likes

Where I’m from, applying coconut oil on hair helps.
If one soaks shallots (native) in the oil, it’s magical. I’ve had allopaecia (few yrs ago) and shallot oil really helped treat that for good.
One could also slice the shallot, dip it in either olive/coconut oil and apply on the scalp.
Even seaweed extract and camphor powder made to a paste with water (and applied on the scalp) is helpful. :slightly_smiling_face::v:t3:

1 Like

Check out “Bhringrah Hair Oil” from Life and Pursuits. A product from India, ALL NATURAL, $15 on Amazon. I’ve used it for about 8 months, seems to work. Just massage onto Scalp with fingertips maybe once/twice per week. Has a Lavender and Vanilla Scent, but hardly noticeable. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Screw it let it grow into a pony tail.If reggie can do it its doable.Reggie kicks ass

3 Likes

Ever since I noticed the receding hairline I’ve been shaved bald, now 16-17 years later it’s just me and I love it ! Let the bears go with the hair, shave all every 7-10 days in 5 mins tops, easy peasy NICE

2 Likes

There are products like KEEPS and HIMS, but rather than ingest stuff that could affect my “evening socal agenda”, I’d rather go bald

1 Like

My hair started thinning 20 years ago and I didn’t want to go the shaved head route or take oral meds that come with bad side effects. So I decided on Minoxidil topical treatment…it works! You apply a small amount on your noggin twice a day. I highly recommend Walmarts equate 5% topical 3 pack. Its the same thing as minoxidil but way cheaper ($22) and lasts 3 months.

4 Likes

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Compare-to-Men-Rogaine-Minoxidil-Topical-Solution-5-Hair-Loss-Regrowth-Treatment-for-Male-3-Month-Supply-6-Fl-oz/16627518?from=/search

1 Like

Yeah, but doesn’t anything “topical” still enter your bloodstream? Just a thought. . …

Does it reverse the hair loss or does it just stop it?

2 Likes

Have seen “slight regrowth” on top, but it primarily stops thinning, but is said to open follicles’ base to regenerate growth. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

My hairline started receding last year at the age of 25 but a friend of mine started thinning when we were both 19! He just keeps a clean and tight haircut and it works well.

1 Like