Who plays video games?

I have only ever played pc games. Mortal Combat - broke a few keyboards. Command & Conquer, many versions. Warcraft (the original, once it became an rpg I quit). Starcraft.

And of course Diablo. That was f’n good.

Nothing in the last 15(?) Years? Kinda crazy…

Duke nukem 3d. Lemmings. Am I dating myself here?

5 Likes

Duke nukem with the strippers. A moment in a young man’s life he will never forget :rofl:

2 Likes

currently playing, or at least was, been more focused on the grow lately lol:
Diablo 3
Aion
Lord of the Rings Online
Tera
Neverwinter Nights Online
Guild Wars

2 Likes

I just bought a mini n.e.s knockoff with 600 games.

Super Mario Bros!!!

I also used to play mad zombies on Xbox 360. I love me some c.o.d

3 Likes

I loved Marble Madness. One of my fave games for the original nintendo!!!

My favorite is Legend of Zelda games.

Breath of the Wild might just be the best game I have ever played.

3 Likes

Lemmings was great!
I’m actually calling “lemming mix” the fallen-while-counting seeds I’m collecting from projects, cause like lemmings they keep falling down…
:wink:
DS

4 Likes

ARMA 3 with the liberation mod. We host our own server so with perpetual save on a single game can last about 6 months, playing on average about 12 hours a week. Gives you a real sense of achievement when you finally capture the whole island.

2 Likes

@BudSy You know I bought Arma 3 after being (too big) of a DayZ fan and never really played it.

The engine is just so poorly optimized and netcode so server sided that even today my 6600k and 1070 struggles to maintain a stable framerate on most servers.

But Arma series and it’s varied mods are definitely some of my favorite times spent playing games.

How does everyone find time to play games with other hobbies like gardening taking up so much time.

Between photo shoots (I do photography as well), growing weed and just going about day to day life I find lately I’m struggling to fit some gaming time into my schedule. Too often I go to bed sometime around midnight and just don’t have the energy or ambition to fire up a game for some fun.

I miss my other hobby.

3 Likes

Anybody play fallout 76 or destiny2? I grind halo 5 still, but want to pick up f-76 or d2

1 Like

I made this with a raspberry pi and a few bits.

Bought a old broken none working game off eBay took it apart chucked all the gubbins inside.

Now it plays all games from Atari to N64.

My mate was so impressed I built him one too with wireless controllers.
I did it to prove that buying the NES mini was pointless and I could make a cooler one with more games cheaper.
Just needs a micro USB to power it and a HDMI lead for the Tv.

Sits in the cupboard now don’t even use it.

17 Likes

Very cool, and great choice of game for the housing.

I was still playing Pong when the NES was new, SNES came out I finally got an Commodore 64 then PlayStation came out and I got a genesis etcc.

I kinda grew up bitter about retro gaming as I was always forced to live in the past. When I was old enough to afford my own gaming PC I did so and never looked back at consoles. Quakeworld FTW!

@Badfishy1 huge Fallout fan here. I withheld buying 76 because I wasn’t sure I was into the direction they were taking it. After seeing all the negative press and fan reactions I’m kind of glad I did. Are you finding it fun and satisfying or was it a disappointment?

3 Likes

Haven’t picked it up. I enjoy fallout a lot, but haven’t purchased the new one. Like I said I play halo 5 when I have time for vidya as I’m a halo kid through and through

Ahh misread. Definitely buyer beware on the 76 though, it’s the first Fallout game I’m skipping ever.

1 Like

Have watched some gameplay on twitch… not sure I’m too impressed. Plus the release is bugged AF. Will at least wait for patch.

1 Like

It was my fav game for the NES growing up so it had to be that one. Was really Easy to make and only cost me about £40

1 Like

“Highlight” games for me over the years, not even close to a complete list (in chronological order)

Pong
Space Invaders - Atari (of course)
Galaga - at the arcade
Dungeons & Dragons - Intellivision
Impossible Mission - Commodore 64
Zork - Commodore 64
Castle Wolfenstein - 386dx2
Papyrus/Sierra Nascar Racing - Pentium something + wheel n’ pedals
Quake II - Pentium something + 3DFX Voodoo II
Half-Life - don’t remember system specs…probably a GeForce of some flavour

Around this time I took a really, really long break from gaming.

When I got into crypto mining about 7 years ago, I had some newer/better hardware so decided to play a few games. Really loved Skyrim, but never bothered finishing it.

Got more hardware for mining (several RX470s, an RX480 and an RX570) a couple years ago - have since stopped mining but using some of the cards for gaming a bit now. My daughter is playing Skyrim Special Edition now and really loving it.

I also got Fallout 4 so we can co-op play. Haven’t tried it yet but looking forward to it. Never played any of the Fallouts yet.

2 Likes

My girlfriend and I play FO76 just about every night and we’re loving it. I found that most of the reviews and talk about bugs is from people who haven’t actually played the game or are so against MP FO that they were predisposed to their opinion. Outside of a few server crashes that bump you into a new world, we haven’t ran into anything gamebreaking.

Other than that I still fire up TF2 when I want some arcade type FPS action, or one of the BF games for more strategy FPS. Bri also plays Ghosts still all the time on her old 360 or my XB1 for her FPS fix.

Simply put, time management. :slight_smile:

I have so many daily chores to deal with I just fall into a routine and knock stuff out. Everything is done by 6pm, so that leaves me 6 hours each night to figure out what to do and still get to bed at a decent time. In the summer we’re generally out on the trails in the Rzr, but once winter hits outside chores are a no-go after dark so we have more time to game.

1 Like

Like I said typically get reviews from streamers vs tech mags as ‘gamergate’ was a perfect example of how ‘accurate’ reviews are. Even watching streams for a period of time and listening to self proclaimed fallout fanbois, many seemed less than thrilled with the released product. But thanks for your input

@Niburan omg played a lot of those. Always with the same “guild” ( the names always change: Goon-something, Starfleet Dental, and other names)
But so many servers…

1 Like