whst are the rules when naming crosses by parents

is it defined by a consensus if theres a rule as of female X male or vice versa?
is my question weird?

1 Like

No question is weird but I don’t think there are any rules, just limited names not already used.

1 Like

I think he is asking, for example if blueberry was the father and skunk was the mother would it be portrayed as blueberry x skunk or skunk x blueberry

3 Likes

Female x male always it should be : )

17 Likes

whst i mean is does the female or male genitor come first when stating cross

2 Likes

As it should usually go with life and human nature

Ladies first :wink:

4 Likes

allright just wanted to be sure

2 Likes

I don’t have rules because I’m the creator

3 Likes

And there was two plants, that became one mwuahahah

Cool, yeah fem first, unless you have a reversed fems then it’s whatever is being pollinated by whatever does the pollination normally. But people don’t always follow any rules and sometimes it just gets and entirely new name. Be creative :pray:

1 Like

Is booboocannafuck taken yet? Asking for a friend…

1 Like

No but conveniently booboocannafuck2 is already taken.

1 Like

Pollen recipient first, pollen donor last.

Though a decent chunk of listed things on seedfinder aren’t accurate, that’s just general horticultural/botany protocol.

7 Likes

The first rule of name club is you don’t talk about name club. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

2 Likes

^^ nice inputs

Usually “Pistillate first”, but on most of strain’s database don’t necessary rely on it. It’s a bit chaotic.

I’m personally using the reverse, just because the comfort of the notation. I’m more often pollinating multiple females with one males, than one female with multiple males. It make the listings more streamlined and fast to read.

1 Like