Naming New Crosses

Well, some sad news in my other world of music!

Guessing there will be some incredible tribute strains soon!

RIP Malcolm Young

6 Likes

Yeah! I agree, I don’t like people who make a cross and than give it a new name.

:cry:

I name my own crosses.

Otherwise, I have way too many x’s on the label.

I name them just to remember the parentage.

So far, my favorite self named cross is Can of Hammers. (Cannatonic x 9 Lb Hammer).

I hear you. If you have really done the work, that is one thing. I have not.

~

Is there a name for amateur hack crosser’s such as myself???

6 Likes

Yeah "pollen chuckers’ , i believe is the correct term though i suppose any name will do… hope this helps.!
Happy growing
Gaz

5 Likes

Pollen Chucker: Sounds about right!

Thanks, and welcome aboard!

1 Like

Cheers bud, glad to be here.!
Gaz

1 Like

" i suppose any name will do."

Been chuckling to myself about this.

and after another bong hit…

Pollen Chucker
Crop Duster
Dust Dropper
Cheap

taking suggestions…

4 Likes

i think it’s all just part of farming!

3 Likes

Hey nothing wrong with chuckin but don’t leave em hanging! Run the f2s and make f3s.
If you don’t feel like reading an encyclopedia just cross the ones that you fancy like our forefathers/mothers did. You’ll get a good strain by accident 50% of the time.

4 Likes

super silver haze and gg#4 i named silverback i think all new named strains should atleast have a hint to there lineage were people have a fair idea what it is and of cource silverback is claimed by casperdeigh

1 Like

I’m scared to anounce a strain name before its finished.
There should be a board or thread for claiming strain names. Do a Google search to make sure it not taken and the post the name and lineage(or planned lineage) and state it claimed!

4 Likes

I have come to think of my crosses as a personal sort of thing. I don’t market them. I name them either because I can remember the parentage, or the smell a certain way.

I have a cross that none of my friends like. It tastes like Lemon Pot Pie. That is its name. Seriously dank lemon. Not nice. I love it.

What is in a name? Depends on what you are doing with it!

3 Likes

the thing that really bothers me is when someone finds a real nice pheno of a strain then they just rename it to something completely different

2 Likes

Just be honest on the lineage, that’s number1, then choose whatever name you fancy just like in legal horticulture

2 Likes

Yeah selfing a nice pheno and pretend it’s a strain, the work of a real con artist.
Dutch passion Desfran comes to my mind

1 Like

i was referring to flower but i guess its the same thing really, just stealing someones work and putting your name on it

It is almost useless to a consumer if the lineage is not made known. I totally agree with this line of thinking! :crystal_ball:

1 Like

yes, or if you give it a new name, at least list the cross in parenthesis.

2 Likes

I think if you are making a simple cross its name should reflect its lineage, but if you’ve worked it a few generations its yours to name (with parentheses)

1 Like

Ive got a cross of sannies killing fields f5 x geneseeds black lebanon, coming up January, (strain name genocide). If the geneseeds ever show up.
Copper chem male x sinai, stretchy vine pheno, (strain name cyanide).
Finishing up chem 91#12 x Mr nice shit(dump truck), and 91#12 x 91#12. In two weeks to 4 weeks.
The vine pheno of sinai smells heavily of carnations which should compliment copper chems sweet carrion mothball scent nicely.
And out of killing fields/blk lebanon I’m hoping for a potent black/purple strain working it for color, stability, and strength.

3 Likes