Why does my outdoor always suck

I go in ground outdoor. I dig a big hole then refill with good dirt and let her rip. Frame is 4x6 Rainbow kush. Crazy hot here so it’s 3-4 gallons of water a day.IMG_20200722_061832462|375x500

3 Likes

In ground is not always the answer… I have clay 16" down. Digging a big hole creates a bowl underground so when it rains it fills up with water and drowns my plants. It takes 2 weeks for water to dry… i have 10 acres and it’s clay or rock ledge… I have to put mine in 100 -200 gal smart pots or I dig the 16" and put a 2’ tall 4 x 4 grow box on top of that filled with my soil mix to have a successful outdoor. It looks like u need bigger pots bud… try 30 gal smart pots. They aren’t that big bud and will make a huge difference. Got to water more since smart pots dry out faster but getting more air flow to roots helps. Try starting ur outdoor early indoors to get them established prior to putting them out. At transplant use some azos and the roots will explode …

5 Likes

@Trich_house i buy 120litre bags of premiere pro mix,slice the bag in half and now have 2 60litre or 15 gallon grow bags.I punch tons of holes in bottom of bags ,then you can slice the bottom of the bags and let the roots grow into your 16inches of ground and avoid the clay level.its always an option to try

Your grow is looking fine.There are alot of variables that go into growing trees,do not get discouraged,each grow season is also a learning season.

5 Likes

Wind plays a factor to in making trees.The more air movement your plants experience the thicker your stocks and branches to…i use to grow in bullrushes at the end of the lake they got hit by wind all day.you could stand on the bottom branches.

3 Likes

Lol. No wind down here in the south…I’m about to have to sit up for flower season battle…PM just fired the first shots…now I get to scramble for the next 2/3 months trying to save the girls.

3 Likes

Looks great to me bromigo…

1 Like