Wilk's 10'x11' Build

You’re telling me! I defoliated right before flipping to flower but they have gotten bushy since! They are about to get defoliated again but it is looking like a jungle for sure.

2 Likes

Excellent job at building the room gonna be a breeze growing in that space I bet.

3 Likes

Thank you! I am still tinkering with it and have a more I want to do but that will come with time. It has been a fun build and a lot nicer than my last one which I think I will show some photos of as well. Let me dig some up and I will add them to this thread.

3 Likes

Having water on tap in the room is a luxury when I built my veg room that was one of the first things I installed .

2 Likes

I just installed that a couple weeks ago and wish I would have sooner. It is so nice not having to carry buckets in.

3 Likes

I just wished I’d of put in a floor drain another plus at having .

2 Likes

Here are a couple photos from my old grow room that I built at my previous home. It did the job for sure but I identified a lot of pros and cons that I took into account when I built the 10’x11’. Got away from bottle nutes as well for the most part so don’t judge me! I’ve only been growing for about 2.5 years but dived right in I guess you could say lol. Still have a lot to learn.

9 Likes

That is one thing I wish I had too. I have thought about getting a small barrel of bucket for waste. Use it to dump or drain everything to. If I do that I am going to use a sump pump I have and plumb it back to the drain at my hot water heater.

5 Likes

Thanks for checking out the build everyone! It is still a work in progress but it I am pleased with where I am at with it so far. The next thing I am wanting to do is add a mini split that will heat and cool the room. This will not only cut down on the electric bill, but it will free up so corner space where I have the portable A/C now.

Once I get the mini split, I would like to put a table in the room to get the plants off of the floor and to utilize the floods table that drain to once spot. I mentioned in a previous post that I do not currently have a drain, but I am thinking about making a waste bucket with a sump pump to drain back to the hot water heater drain. Once I have the flood table, the waste will all drain to one spot where I can do this.

Once I have the table and mini split, I will pretty much have everything the way I would like it. I may eventually upgrade the dehumidifier as the one I have now struggles to get in the lower RH ranges but for now it will work.

One thing I will be watching to see if I have an issue with will be air exchange. I do not have an inlet or outlet for the room other than what the A/C is venting out. I did not have an issue with this in my last room I built but I will be keeping an eye on that. Being a newer grower and not having a ton of experience, is this something that could be a problem? I am always open to input and any suggestions!

Thanks for checking out the build! It won’t be long and I will have a diary started so anyone that wants can check out what I have going in the room!

8 Likes

I’ve been thinking of a similar build myself. As I’m hooked on breeding I also thought about pollen control.
I plan on adding a small(ish) add-on to the lung room, roughly about a cubic meter, that would contain a removable furnace filter and humidifier or dehumidifier and fan to provide filtered air in a reasonable RH level to the lung room.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

That sounds like a nice setup you have planned out! I would like to do a little pollen chucking eventually so I would be interested in seeing it once you do build it.

1 Like

The setup looks very nice!

2 Likes

The odor was getting out of hand so I ordered a 8”x25” 800 CFM Can-Lite Filter and an AC Infiniti Cloudline T8. For now, I have it sitting on the deck recirculating. Once I am out of flower I will try to mount it overhead. I am also thinking about building a box with a UV light between the filter and fan in hopes to kill any mold or mildew that makes it through. I will update with what I end up doing!

6 Likes

How are the flowers looking? And the veg plants?

That’s some badass gear

2 Likes

Everything is looking great! Haven’t had time to update but will tomorrow.

4 Likes

Where’s it go?