Would you be interested in participating in a West Coast Meet Up?

Thats only a one day drive… Thats not bad

2 Likes

6 hours for me too, from the opposite direction. :laughing:

I was thinking too, if we get a set of adjacent cabins, there’s no issue with smoke drift from the back porch of the middle ones :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

May I suggest that we walk to the top of a mountain and that we bring with each of us our best stuff. Then when we get to the top we smoke the stuff with everyone else.

4 Likes

Anyone with kids?

Ill gladly leave mine home for the trip lol

1 Like

Dang, I thought I had posted here. Apparently CRS scores another win.

I’d love to have a west coast meetup and would certainly attend. However, here’s the thing: I don’t drive, nor do I use gig-worker transport services. In short, I would need chauffeur, at least to and from the nearest airport. I’d be happy to make it worth their while, maybe pay for gas and/or their food, I’m sure we could work it out. Alternatively, if someone local to me were driving up, perhaps I could ride with them.

The upshot here is I’d definitely like to go.

6 Likes

Theory sounds lovely, in practice I’m too lazy for that and I don’t actually smoke :rofl: but I also won’t be unhappy if others do it without me.

No kids here, though I do enjoy them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Like i said before, I can get you there brother.

5 Likes

I’m happy to add passengers too. It would be just me and my mom, and we’re coming from North of Seattle. Plenty of room for two more. I get the front seat when I’m not driving though, or I’ll get motion sick and puke. :woman_facepalming::laughing:

3 Likes

Now that I think of it, if there were a few people in the bay that wanted to go. I could rent an SUV?

2 Likes

I thought I’d posted something about this possibility! Well, like I said, CRS scores another win. HA! It was in a PM.

Thank you for remembering! d8JBdDJ I guess I’d better make myself some breakfast! Don’t want to leave hungry! lol (1)

I would certainly chip in to help defray costs.

1 Like

That’s so beautiful. It could be so many spots in the PNW! For me, it looks like home. :heart:

2 Likes

Count me in, place looks totally cool. Would be really fun. Let’s do it got to pick a date thou.

5 Likes

Ok so I think we have our location!

Let’s get a date.

How soon would we want to get this together?

How soon should we get together
  • 0-3 months
  • 4-6 months
  • 7-9 months
  • Anytime

0 voters

3 Likes

I’m retired, so I won’t vote. There are very few limitations on my time.

Thank you for doing this, @Ris!

2 Likes

Just north of Portland here, on the Oregon side. Oregon and NorCal are my backyard. There are no major airports in true northern Cal (there’s SFO and OAK, after that it gets slim). I use PDX and there is zero problem getting in and out with TSA, etc.

The drive from Portland south to Rogue River, OR is about 4 hours, and Humboldt is another 4 hours south. Up to Seattle is about three hours drive.

4 Likes

@navy66 Medford Airport would be the best bet. My second choice would be Eugene. Medford is within of 20 miles of the location, and Eugene is 150 miles north. Still closer than Portland and much less congested.

2 Likes

I was involved with taking some of the shade off of the ground just outside of Mist about 40 years ago.

2 Likes

We could pick you up on our way through Portland if you need a ride. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I could also pick up somebody if needed, be just me and the wife.also coming down from Seattle

4 Likes

I don’t like little airports or little planes. :slight_smile: I’ll stay with PDX (though I’m not having to drive). Lots of awesome to stop and shop/see in that part of Oregon, too.

3 Likes