Would you be interested in participating in a West Coast Meet Up?

I did the jump from Portland to Bend a few times…the Cascades are lovely.

4 Likes

Nice to know. Personally, I hate flying, but perhaps there are others that are OK with flying into a smaller international airport. Medford is a great airport, and is very close to the Motel Del Rogue.

3 Likes

absolutely, my friend. there’s nothing like flying over PNW. i’ve just got some ptsd stuff that makes heights and flying hard for me. thank you, carrier service lol

1 Like

Im in Vegas, but could definitely do San Diego or LA area.
Of course the one cool thing about Vegas is everyone seems to come here at one point or another…

Seeing Oregon is cool. Medford is 12hr drive. Did Seattle/Oregon with the wife a couple of years ago. Love it there.

Bend Oregon is cool. Saw the Last Blockbuster. Good skiing and boarding…

3 Likes

i’m in portland are totally ready to help organize, promote, market, get sponsors. . .

1 Like

Sacramento International is a good sized airport with many national carriers, not puddle jumpers.

2 Likes

How’d i miss this??!?

Just did the form. I’m down but not “definitely”, but very likely

4 Likes

Make sure to vote for the best time above.

Hey Ris, maybe we should sort of try to define the whole venture, and then decide the date(s) after that? There’s a lot of farms to visit here, and tons of other cannabis-related stuff to do. How can we plan for disabled? Are we planning field trips? If there’s enough of us, people will come to us. Is it BBQ and find a hotel to sponsor us? I could get a lot of brands onboard, I think, if that’s how we want to go.

My point is, though, that WHAT it is should determine how much time it will take to plan + Oregon weather + cannabis crop timing. . .see where I’m going?

1 Like

What I’m doing is simply setting up a central location for us all to gather. Anyone that wants to venture off and do something specific, that’s up to you, Im sure others will join in. I wasn’t intending on getting sponsors at all, I was actually avoiding it on purpose. I don’t want this to be about making sales, Its just a kick back and get together.

As for the date, were just going to go with the majority vote. Its unrealistic to plan around everyones grow schedules this is more of a heres the date and if you can make it awesome if not, we can always do it again another time.

If this first one goes well then we can start doing this every year and then we can get sponsors, set up events or excursions etc.

7 Likes

Outta likes.

I’m for casual. Simply a bunch of friends who don’t happen to know one another getting together to, well, get to know one another. :grin:

5 Likes

5 Likes

Most of all I would like to meet in real life and spend a bit of low-key time with other folks from here. I don’t usually enjoy larger events and festivals and such, and I’m not a party animal.

The momentum for this stuttered out before at the venue choice stage.

I suggested this place because I stayed there recently and the beds were great and it was wonderful and family owned. It’s small though, has a total of 14 cabins / rooms, which I bet we wouldn’t even manage to occupy all of, and is suited to a modest and low-key get together, folks welcome to run off and have fun as they wish. :slight_smile:
https://moteldelrogue.com/rooms/

They said we’re welcome to smoke outside by the river, or if we get adjacent rooms / cabins so it won’t drift to the back deck of some other guest who doesn’t appreciate it then on the back porch is fine. I’m sure indoor smoking wouldn’t be okay, neither would non-family friendly behavior. If folks want to whoop it up more there’d need to be a different space for that.

7 Likes

@navy66 - However, If/when we do set up a hosted event, id like to leverage your knowledge of the area for sure.

3 Likes

Mist! Wow, that is truly out in the middle of mountainous no man’s land, permanently covered in fog. :slight_smile: That’s just a little west of where I’m at!

4 Likes

Based on the days that are available for that location it looks like there are two possible weekends that would be completely open to us. So, lets take a poll.

July 19/20/21 vs Aug 9/10/11
  • July 19/20/21
  • Aug 9/10/11
  • None of the above

0 voters

1 Like

@mota @Mrgreenthumb @CocoaCoir @MyrtleGrounds @navy66 @NoCal @Rhai88 @RainToday

Tag anyone I missed

3 Likes

Hehe. I’m good either weekend. :+1:

2 Likes

Thinking August, let’s do it…gonna be a blast

3 Likes

They both work for me :slight_smile:
@Big_Yeloe @Osogreen261 @RookieBuds @JOHN1234 @OG619 @GEMI-CONNECT616 @Rhai88 @Wuachuma @AmnioticBaptism @chronix

4 Likes