WTF is up with these leaves?

No light leaks. I went to a lot of trouble sealing potential leaks and then putting an extra double layer of garbage bags over the entire tent about 1/2 way through my first soil grow. The tents made from some reflective film I ordered through Home Depot, but that film wasnt all that light proof. I could easily see the lights right through the film when the lights were on before I covered it again.

I bought these clones from a guy on Craigs List. He insisted on meeting in a wallmart parking lot, so Im sure he is 100% above board and a nice guys and all that. :rolling_eyes:

I went with him because all the “legit” sellers either wanted an arm and a leg (two of them) or never answered their emails or voice mails - another 10 or so I tried to contact. Buying clones is not easy in my neck of the woods.

His minimum order was 5 clones for $50, and I only had room in the tent for three. The other two I removed from the tent a week or two after switching to 12/12. I stuck them in my bath tub, in small hempy style buckets, under 30 watts of cheap LED thats on 24/7 and water them every once in a while. They had small buds starting when I removed them and they are now starting to revert to veg mode. They are growing very very slooooooowly but the stupid things look perfectly healthy and happy.

I keep meaning to go check them over for nanners, but havent gotten around to it yet.

2 Likes

when did you treat them with neem? when you first got them before you flipped them to flower? because i don’t think that would cause them to throw nanners if they were given time to recover before flipping…

did you ask the guy where the plants came from?? if this guy got them from a bag seed or something it could be very likely they are very sensitive to stress… how much ppms are you feeding? have you ever ran these hydro systems successfully before?

you could try flowering those other 2 plants in the hempy buckets and if they throw nanners too i’d just toss all 5 plants man… or finish them and use them to make hash or something cause they’ll probably be full of seeds (which you should feed to a bird or something)… if you’re in southern oregon i know someone offering a clone of MAC1 by capulator… very :fire: strain… or i can toss you seeds if you need to start something else right away

2 Likes

I did the neem thing before flipping and waited three weeks or so before starting 12/12. They had started to recover nicely by that time.

Right after the neem.

and this is right before the switch to 12/12. They had been in the hydro totes for about 3 weeks at that point.

This is my frst ever hydro grow, but it seems to be going very well - other than the nanners. There have been zero signs of burning, or starvation, or discoloration, etc. I over fed at first and they got kind of dark colored, but no other signs of bad health. At the max I was at was around 2.2 EC right around the switch time. Ive been keeping it in the 1.1-1.3 range since then and they look much better. Im using Mega Crop and it seems like it is very forgiving as far as concentration ranges that the plants will tolerate.

It didnt occur to me to ask where he got them. He has been advertising on Craigs List for quite a while. He did say he guaranteed no bugs, mold or pathogens.

Im going to try to keep the extra two alive until this fall when it cools off. I have no AC in my grow room and tent temps go ballistic when it gets hot, so no growing for me during the summer. This will be my last grow until fall.

These plants will be used to make RSO, tincture, and capsules - I dont smoke. My soil grow also had hermies and those seeds came from Nirvana. I did light stress them with too much light too close plus all the usual newbie errors - over/under fed, over/under watered, light leaks, etc etc. Some of the buds did have a bunch of seeds, but the RSO/capsules came out potent enough for my uses. I ended up with almost a pound of dried product from that grow and it will last me maybe 1 1/2 years easily, so Im not hurting for product at all.

Thanks for the offer of seeds, but I have plenty on hand to grow for next fall thanks to lucking out on two other seed give-aways here on OG.

If I like the RSO I get from these plants, AND if these two ‘extra’ clones survive the summer in my tub, I plan to take some fresh clones from them this fall. I will then switch these two to 12/12 and do as you suggest - see if they go nanner or not. If they dont nanner, then I will try growing them from the fresh clones again in my next hydro setup.

This hydro grow is more of an experiment to see which of the three types of hydro works best. I really dont NEED the product and it wont kill me if they all die. I picked this strain - Blue Dream - because its mostly Sativa and I want to try that type of RSO to see if I like it for day time use.

Oh - Im in the middle of Wa state, so southern Oregon is a bit of a drive.

Thanks for all the help and tips!!!

2 Likes

maybye high daytime temps could stress it, i think i’ve also heard disturbing roots can cause stress, like being rough with fabric pots, but idk i’m just speculating wildly. all conjecture no fact. using energy for seed production will negatively affect yield and potency but it should be perfect for RSO… i’ve heard good things about blue dream hope they turn out nice bro :thumbsup:

2 Likes

:joy: LOL thank you

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

its a keeper mutant very rare

1 Like

Do these buds look ok or are they making seeds? This is my first time growing a sativa dominant strain - Blue Dream - so Im not at all sure what the buds should look like at this point. Im a little over 6 weeks into 12/12.

This strain has conflicting info about grow times. On Leafly it says 7 to 9 weeks in one place and 9 to 12 weeks in another place.

1 Like

probably different breeders and different phenotypes… HSO says 63 days… riot seeds says 70… elev8 seeds says 67 days… i don’t see anything to indicate it’s producing seeds, it’s probably natural die off of the stigmas unless you see some nanners somewhere

2 Likes

In my experience, the pistil will turn brown if it’s pollinated. I see white unpollinated pistils.

3 Likes
1 Like

LOL Thanks for the replies folks!

There were a bunch of nanners. I cut off all the ones I could find, but several were already open, and Im sure I missed some back in the jungle where I couldnt see them.

Yeah, Im still seeing that some white pistles coming and going on many of the buds 3 weeks later - but - I cut into one of the pod looking things on one bud that turned brown early, and dug out what sure looked like a green baby seed. I will dig out another one tonight when the lights come on and post a pic.

Here are some bud shots from a couple of days ago.

In the wide angle shot you can see some buds have no white and some have a bunch. Trichomes are roughly 50/50% clear/milky with very few amber so far. This is day 58 of flower, so I have a ways to go yet.

It’s disappointing to have caused this, but Im not tooooo worried about any seeds. They look very frosty, and healthy, so I will get some sort of useful product when I make RSO. My first grow also hermied and made a huge bunch of seeds, but the rso still turned out potent enough for my needs. Im hoping this time will be the same.

@99PerCent - LOL!!

2 Likes

Here is what Im able to dig out of the short, triangular shaped pod/leaf things on the buds. They are quite hard.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s a seed.

Congratulations! You are a parent!

2 Likes

I have mixed feelings on that! :wink:

3 Likes

That seems to be a very normal reaction :wink:

4 Likes